Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This sub section is pretty dead so I wanted to maybe (so long this doesn't get moved to wheel/tires) start a wheel resource for us AWD guys. I'm not sure if our front fitment clearance is different from the RWD version but I had to use spacers to clear my 18x9 +34 OZ wheels in the front.

Current setup:

OZ Ultraleggera
18x9 +34 w/ 5MM spacers on front and back (effectively making it +29)
245/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
Factory AWD :( ride height

Attachments

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
This sub section is pretty dead so I wanted to maybe (so long this doesn't get moved to wheel/tires) start a wheel resource for us AWD guys. I'm not sure if our front fitment clearance is different from the RWD version but I had to use spacers to clear my 18x9 +34 OZ wheels in the front.

Current setup:

OZ Ultraleggera
By any chance do you know what one of your wheels weigh? I got the FastWheels FC04 in 17x8 +35 offset; no spacers. Tires are Michelin A/S 3+ 225/50-17. This setup weighs 6.4 lbs less per wheel than the factory 18's.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lookin' good. How do you like the A/S 3s? Been considering those as replacements for the stock P7s when it comes time.
Love them. I'm also running 20mm more width so that can be accounting for some of the incredible grip I've been getting. Haven't been able to make an autocross yet to compare them to the P7's.

By any chance do you know what one of your wheels weigh? I got the FastWheels FC04 in 17x8 +35 offset; no spacers. Tires are Michelin A/S 3+ 225/50-17. This setup weighs 6.4 lbs less per wheel than the factory 18's.
I switched over from the sport 19's but unfortunately did not weigh them. They definitely feel lighter versus the oem setup.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I love my dark 5 holes, plus I don't track the car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I bought a set of QV 5 hole wheels for my Q4. I have Firestone FireHawk Indy 500 tires (320 tread wear) which look really nice and handle far better than the P7 all season run flats. I can't find the traction limit on the street, whereas I could find it easily with the P7s. I'll still use the P7s for winter months. Total cost was <$3k.

Reactions: EspressoTech

·
Registered
178 Posts
I bought a set of QV 5 hole wheels for my Q4. I have Firestone FireHawk Indy 500 tires (320 tread wear) which look really nice and handle far better than the P7 all season run flats. I can't find the traction limit on the street, whereas I could find it easily with the P7s. I'll still use the P7s for winter months. Total cost was <$3k.
I'm contemplating getting a set of Firestones for my Q4, too. What wheel/tire sizes did you go for, did you stick with the standard 18 size or did you go wider?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Any rubbing issues with the wider QV wheels on the Q4?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm very interested if you put on staggered set (F 8.5"/R10") QV wheels. My AWD sport pkg came with 19x8" wheels at all 4 corners but I want to get wider wheels for the rear. I'm concerned about tripping error codes for AWD or ABS with a staggered set. Did you mount the staggered set & any computer issues?

·
Vendor
2,175 Posts

Current setup:

OZ Ultraleggera
Not sure why everyone is complaining about the height of these or the standard ones. In all reality they are pretty low and this is the optimal setup for handling. Lowering will ruin this. Now that said, I use to lower alfa's all day long. I have done a thousand 164's, milanos etc..., did they fair well from the lowering? No not really. They looked cool but most spring setups are way too aggressive in the lowering. All the Giulia springs I have seen being used drop these cars way too much.

Now, I'd like to come with a spring for the Q4 despite, but it would be no more than .5" That's about all That I believe would be safe for all the components and not throw the car out of whack in the geometry department.

Looks good stock height. Love it and drive it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm planning on running OZ Ultras in 18in for the summer aswell.
However I'm trying to run a mixed fitment.

I've found a seller on eBay who offers 8x18 +30 and 9x18 +34
That's 100% OEM-specs for the rear and 3mm less offset in the front, which should improve the looks and eliminate the need for a spacer.

The seller and I are both waiting for TÜV-approval for the Giulia for this wheel combo from OZ at the moment. We'll see how things will go...

An another note: as far is I know there is no difference between clearance regarding AWD or RWD. Things that might come into play:
Some RWD-cars in europe have the smaller brakes. I don't know wether the brake calipers have different sizes.
RWD-cars might have more steering lock - but that should not affect wheels that are roughly the stock size.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone running with OEM rims 18 x 8. 225-45-18 front and 255-40-18 rear tires. Thinking about it. I have a 2017 Giulia AWD Ti. Curious on how it looks and handling. Thank you.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Anyone running with OEM rims 18 x 8. 225-45-18 front and 255-40-18 rear tires. Thinking about it. I have a 2017 Giulia AWD Ti. Curious on how it looks and handling. Thank you.
255/40/18 on 8" width rim is bad idea. too wide for the rim
min width required is 8.5" and recommended is 9"

if u want staggered setup on 8" might want to look at 245/40/18 or 245/45/18 instead

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got Fast FC04 18x9 wheels, originally intended for winter use. 18x8 was out of stock when I ordered last November so I figured, why not? Offset was 30 and needed 5mm spacers to clear front calipers. This put the rim a little outside the fender lip but, with a stretched tire, it looks fine. Good, actually. Not thrilled with the looks of the wheels themselves but, it's okay. And they're around 19 lbs. which is a huge improvement from the 5 holes.

I recently got the EC P2 tune and knew I needed better summer rubber than the P7 all seasons the car came with. The extra rim width allowed me to get creative and I chose a staggered tire setup. I mounted 235/45/18 front and 265/40/18 rear Michelin PS4S tires a few days ago. So far, couldn't be happier with the choice. Looks the business and gives the grip I needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts