Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reactions: Bull and Nancyslat

·
Registered
160 Posts
Shades of Mazda Miata. It's becoming a Chick car!

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
537 Posts
Nothing wrong with that! Any notable praise especially in a respected magazine is great news.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Our friends at Jalopnik are at it again. In their relentless mission to portray Alfa Romeos as unreliable, they wrote another article about a pre-production Stelvio that "apparently" broke down in LA.
The author practically wet himself he was so excited to tell everyone about it.
https://jalopnik.com/a-camouflaged-alfa-romeo-stelvio-quadrifoglio-apparentl-1823019202
Yeah, I saw that but it was so ridiculous I didn't post about it. There's a reason they test these things on the street - to get the bugs out. If it fails, at least they're going to learn from it.
I wonder if the author's editor has ever made any corrections to his articles or if he always gets it right the first time.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I welcome approval from my wife. She doesn't even like the sport seats but loves the car! Now, how to convince her to get a Stelvio QV for herself instead of the RX350 she drives now!

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I welcome approval from my wife. She doesn't even like the sport seats but loves the car! Now, how to convince her to get a Stelvio QV for herself instead of the RX350 she drives now!
Careful. She might find the improvement jarring.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Robb Report Feb. 2018

Take it for what its worth...but Robb Report had 200 1% ers drive the following cars and this is the order ranked 1 to 13
1: Lambo Huracan Performante
2; McLaren 720S
3 AM Vanquish S Volante
4; Audi R8 Spyder V10
5 Merc AMG GT C Roadster
6; Bentley Continental SS
7 BMW M760 Li X-drive
8; Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
9; Merc S65
10: Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio :grin2:
"the first car I've driven ALL-DAY that has blown me away"
11 Lexus LC500
12: Cadillac CTS-V
13; Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat "Widebody"

yeah it finished 10th....look what was ahead it!!! frankly I'd choose 5 of those cars over my QV all day.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Take it for what its worth...but Robb Report had 200 1% ers drive the following cars and this is the order ranked 1 to 13
1: Lambo Huracan Performante
2; McLaren 720S
3 AM Vanquish S Volante
4; Audi R8 Spyder V10
5 Merc AMG GT C Roadster
6; Bentley Continental SS
7 BMW M760 Li X-drive
8; Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
9; Merc S65
10: Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio :grin2:
"the first car I've driven ALL-DAY that has blown me away"
11 Lexus LC500
12: Cadillac CTS-V
13; Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat "Widebody"

yeah it finished 10th....look what was ahead it!!! frankly I'd choose 5 of those cars over my QV all day.
Not sure I agree...I think # 6, 7, 9 are Country Club Parking Lot Showpieces.....Pretentious and Bloated.....

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Giulia Quadrifoglio for DD, Jeep Wrangler for running over fish.
Great DD choice, but please don't feed the snowflakes.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
"choose 5 of those over my QV"

depends on what you are doing with it, or how many cars you have at your disposal.

@1750GTV IF I had the kind of "F"-"U" money that it would entail to purchase these cars the what I would do and how many would mean nothing....this is just what would you do with unlimited resources...LOL
so yeah I'd love to have a McLaren....and having been fortunate enough to drive a couple of Lambos as over the top they may look & be...they are an absolute rip to drive:grin2:
I love my QV, fine car may be one of the best I've had..time will tell...
but how could you not like some of those super cars???
and the Bentley would indeed be my CC car:wink2:

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As a young man I would have loved to amass a collection. Priorities changed, and now one or two (OK, maybe three) sufficiently special will do. I'm content with the choices I've made.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts