Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I go through with purchase or quit whilst I'm ahead? Getting a tad nervous about such an expensive endeavor.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
What's making you nervous cost wise?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Ferrari guys say stuff like that.

If you are uncomfortable with such a significant outlay, you can get more interior choices, folding rear seats, AWD if you want it, for much less money. plenty to feel good about when choosing a ti.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Haha! OMG I'm turning into one of "those guys!" :D I didn't mean to be flippant. Heck, I am turning over my life savings and budget and debt and all sorts of things to make this move myself. ;) But on Lost's point, the Base and Ti are great platforms. Now with the spoilers, exhausts and even stock bumper upgrades, you can build those models to your heart's content. Don't worry about starting affordable and learning as you go and investing the sweat equity. That's how I got started in the hobby. Just know that at the Ti Sport level, if you can work it out in some way, and buckle down, you may be able to swing a Quad now and not kick yourself 2 years down the road when you are 50 grand in the whole. That was the big driving factor for me. Oh yeah, and the driving too, not the building and sweating and lifting the dang car with no lift and a tiny 19th century carriage-house garage with only enough room to access one side at a time! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
It really depends on why you are making the purchase. Are you buying because of emotion, or, for practical reasons? Emotion always gets expensive. Emotion is the primary drive in the AR advertising package. It is like a pheromone that takes over your brain and drives your behavior to end in satisfaction. If you are able to control your emotion, then you will listen to the practical reasons for this vehicle and make your decision based on the practical reasons. Unfortunately, I doubt that anyone is able to make a strong case for practical reasons for this car. This car is pure emotion. If you built the cost of emotion into your purchase you will be fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am in finance and get wrapped around the axle every time I spend money thinking about how much more it could be worth in the future.

If you have a similar hangup as me where it?s based on the principal of it, only you can make that decision. But I included a very useful guide on the cost of buying cars below I recommend you read incase your hangup is similar to mine.

https://www.financialsamurai.com/net-worth-rule-for-car-buying-guideline/

However, if buying this car causes your finances to be tight, or otherwise puts financial strain on your family, don?t do it! Don?t be a slave to any asset, home or car. The stress you feel will outlive and outweigh the joy you gain.

Good luck in your decision!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Should I go through with purchase or quit whilst I'm ahead? Getting a tad nervous about such an expensive endeavor.
In all honesty, if you have to ask then the QV is not for you....... like others have said, the other Giulias are very capable cars.......

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Get a Fiat 500 Abarth>:)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
We went with a Ti simply because we didn't want to pony up the extra money for the Quad. That said, we did special order a Giulia Ti, and now have a bit over 10,000 miles on her.

She has plenty of power. She has plenty of reserve power as well! She's great on the Interstate and terrific in the canyons. A lot more practical (imo) than the Quad.

We went with the Lusso interior and the Ti Performance Package. The Ti Performance Package added a Limited Slip, Active Suspension and Paddle Shifters. You might prefer the Sport Package over the Lusso Package though. Either way, it's about half the cost of a Quad and soon enough there will be aftermarket performance parts available. I think turning the 280hp 2.0 into a 350hp 2.0 will be easy enough.

Just something to think about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts