Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice that Automobile Magazine dropped the 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio from its consideration of All-Star status because it threw a fault code when they were riding the brake with the left foot while depressing the accelerator as well ?? Alfa is saying the car logic doesn't allow that condition and it will throw a fault code on the car. The back-up QV did the same thing as well during the testing. based on that Automobile dis-qualified the QV. Possible a consideration for Alfa in the future to offer that capability in "Race" mode ......It's all described in the latest issue of Automobile that has the 2018 All-Stars defined in it ......

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
That's a shame

·
Registered
315 Posts
good news is I don't buy cars because they are 'car of the year,' I bought mine before that accolade. It's funny because my f pace got "world car of the year 2017," again....after I bought it. I can pick 'em :)

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyone notice that Automobile Magazine dropped the 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio from its consideration of All-Star status because it threw a fault code when they were riding the brake with the left foot while depressing the accelerator as well ?? Alfa is saying the car logic doesn't allow that condition and it will throw a fault code on the car. The back-up QV did the same thing as well during the testing. based on that Automobile dis-qualified the QV. Possible a consideration for Alfa in the future to offer that capability in "Race" mode ......It's all described in the latest issue of Automobile that has the 2018 All-Stars defined in it ......
It's strange that only the Alfa had this problem of all the performance cars they tested particularly since AR used a lot of high performance track footage to promote the QV. I'm scheduled for a high performance driving school in June and now am nervous that I or the instructor may initiate some of these maneuvers and end up with a CEL and limp mode! I hope that is on their list for software updates!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts