Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, I am a new Alfa Giulia Ti owner as of 4 days ago. What a beautiful car to drive! I am wondering if anyone knows how to disable the power seat from automatically sliding back when you exit or enter the car. This feature is meant to be enjoyable but I find it annoying. I could not find any reference to it in the owners manual. Any ideas out there? Thanks. :smile2:

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
If you haven't already, try programming your seat position to a seat position memory button. I think mine stopped auto-sliding after I did that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I wish that what you suggested was true. I just ran to the garage and tested it, already having programmed the 1st of 3 seat memory buttons, but it did not work. The seat still slides back when I enter and slides forward when I start the engine. Any other ideas?:frown2:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Other than what was mentioned by Chaadster, the several other threads on this forum over the past year will let you know there is absolutely nothing you can do, and this feature cannot be easily disabled by a button, or something like that.

I have never experienced this feature due to my height (the seat is already far enough back) ... See if you can 'fine tune' the adjustment of the seat and get it to a position where the car decides not to slide it back upon exit.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you go into setting it may be under “engine off comfort” or similar. You can disable it as I’ve only been in a few that retract when shutting off.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I have not found a way to disable the seat slide on my 2017. But, when you open the driver's door, you can hit one of the memory buttons just as the seat starts to slide. This will stop the seat. Of course I usually forget.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
If you go into setting it may be under “engine off comfort” or similar. You can disable it as I’ve only been in a few that retract when shutting off.
You're speculating, right? There is no such setting in USA-spec cars; or are you suggesting CAN-spec cars have it?

Reactions: ALFATECH

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have not found a way to disable the seat slide on my 2017. But, when you open the driver's door, you can hit one of the memory buttons just as the seat starts to slide. This will stop the seat. Of course I usually forget.
Or you can push the button that slides the seat forward/back. Just a little tap forward does the trick. Of course, you have to do it every time, but at least it works.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Or you can push the button that slides the seat forward/back. Just a little tap forward does the trick. Of course, you have to do it every time, but at least it works.
Right. There is no convenient way to stop the seat slide. Would be great if there was a permanent disable setting, but alas, not here in the USA.

Reactions: Alfa 1

·
Registered
537 Posts
You're speculating, right? There is no such setting in USA-spec cars; or are you suggesting CAN-spec cars have it?
I thought I saw it in settings, but I must have been thinking of another car. You are correct, there is no such setting, and I even checked in my scanner options if I could disable it, but I can’t.

Reactions: jaltito

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can disable for 2019. Settings>Driver Assistance>Easy Entry> On or Off. I love this feature! My seat is closer to dash, but swinging left to exit gets a bit tight. This allows easy entry and exit. After getting in, just hit start/stop with no brake push and seat moves up to last memory position. Manual says it is good for only when the seat is positioned fwd of the B pillar.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You could adjust the seat as desired...then disconnect the connector to the motors. Solved! :)

(disclaimer: I too have crushed my little boy's legs before, several times...it's easily one of the stupidest features ever purposely installed on a car)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I actually really like this feature, but everyone has their own reasons.
@ALFATECH, most FCA vehicles do have that option, not sure why the Alfa's don't, but I'm sure it could be put into a software update.

Anyways... It is possible to have it disabled. If you have a competent dealer nearby, they should be able to program it to stay in a fixed position.

They accidentally disabled it on my Giulia once when I took her in to have a bad passenger seat motor replaced (apparently they both run off the same seat control module or something?) and I immediately took her back in to have the feature re-enabled. After talking to one of the Techs, we discovered that it's pretty simple to do. I ended up taking my Stelvio in to have the feature disabled because I actually have passengers in the back seats sometimes and it's just not really necessary in an SUV.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Anyways... It is possible to have it disabled. If you have a competent dealer nearby, they should be able to program it to stay in a fixed position.

I suspect you have the later infotainment software version though, which does allow on/off, contrary to the earlier versions.....
In the newer versions, it's simply a menu item.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,904 Posts
You could adjust the seat as desired...then disconnect the connector to the motors. Solved! :)

(disclaimer: I too have crushed my little boy's legs before, several times...it's easily one of the stupidest features ever purposely installed on a car)
Several luxury sedans from different manufacturers have this feature and I use it constantly (also note the several posts from other forum members who use it constantly), so it is neither stupid nor dumb. That said, some means for disabling it for people who drive with the posture of speed racer, who are very tall, or (some impolite descriptions not stated) would be wise. I do not know if that is available in the other cars that have this feature; it is available in MY2019s and apparently a feature that can be installed in (most?) MY2018s.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,757 Posts
I hope they come out with a sw update as it is very annoying.
It's a menu item on the 2019 Stelvio that an Alfa Romeo salesperson claims a software update will add to my 2017 Giulia.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
It's a menu item on the 2019 Stelvio that an Alfa Romeo salesperson claims a software update will add to my 2017 Giulia.
He didn’t happen to disclose when this alleged SW update would be available, and what hoops we’d have to jump through to get it???

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.