Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Good review to send to someone that is a serious buyer in the market. Their discussions cover about 1000 pages here... LOL

·
Registered
423 Posts
Excellent review!

Also, I could listen to British accent all day long. I grew up watching Monty Python movies, so a British accent could be reading me tax law and I'd be entertained!

But...I'd like to see more QV vs ATS-V reviews. You know, pretty much the consensus 2 best DRIVING cars in the segment.

I realize few are to really cross-shop the two. Since in this segment it's all about the image/badge. Try telling BMW forum that the ATS-V steers/handles better than an M3, HA!

Anyway, I believe there are many similarities...both Alfa & Cadillac made the best driving compact luxury sport sedans on the planet - at the expense of the other aspects of the car. Less $$$ for crap that doesn't matter to the drive, but reviewers talk about - infotainment, interior material quality, etc.

Ok, off of my soapbox...

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Excellent review!

Also, I could listen to British accent all day long. I grew up watching Monty Python movies, so a British accent could be reading me tax law and I'd be entertained!

But...I'd like to see more QV vs ATS-V reviews. You know, pretty much the consensus 2 best DRIVING cars in the segment.

I realize few are to really cross-shop the two. Since in this segment it's all about the image/badge. Try telling BMW forum that the ATS-V steers/handles better than an M3, HA!

Anyway, I believe there are many similarities...both Alfa & Cadillac made the best driving compact luxury sport sedans on the planet - at the expense of the other aspects of the car. Less $$$ for crap that doesn't matter to the drive, but reviewers talk about - infotainment, interior material quality, etc.

Ok, off of my soapbox...
If you want an ATS-V better buy one...now!.....CTS, ATS & XTS will all be dropped by 2019 model year....new sedan to replace will be called the CT5.....

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Clean review, I was surprised at the end when the guy in the M3 said he would most likely jump for the Alfa. That in itself speaks leaps and bounds about the car. Based on the point of the car, or any car for that matter, is the driving experience and the Alfa delivers far above what the well refined (After multiple revisions) and sorted M3 can.

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
423 Posts
Clean review, I was surprised at the end when the guy in the M3 said he would most likely jump for the Alfa. That in itself speaks leaps and bounds about the car. Based on the point of the car, or any car for that matter, is the driving experience and the Alfa delivers far above what the well refined (After multiple revisions) and sorted M3 can.
Couldn't have said it better. It is all about the experience!

We're lucky to have so many excellent choices in this competitive segment...

And you're right, for Alfa to have hit a home run on their first at-bat, pretty amazing to say the least...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts