Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Auto start

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ttaidapos 
#1 ·
Is their a way to have the seats and steering wheel come on with the auto start. I tried leaving it on when I turned the car off but no luck

#2 · (Edited)
You mean the seat and steering wheel heater? In the 2017 I've not found a way - would be great wouldn't it.

I was in a Dodge over Thanksgiving and you could set the seat and wheel heater to comeone if the Outside temp was below a certain threshhold - quite slick - so I know the know how is in the FCA family. All of the features that are in the FCA family of UConnect makes me wonder why Alfa went with M&M - it's prettier for sure but the firmware is lacking from what other FCA have.

#3 ·
Page 137 of my owner's manual says
The remote starting system also activates the climate control (if equipped), the heated seats (if equipped), and the heated steering wheel (if equipped), depending on temperatures outside and inside of the vehicle.
I can only conclude those temperatures must be colder than we've experienced thus far. I believe my last car's seats and steering wheel heat activated at temperatures below 40F.

#5 ·
I've auto started when the car read the outside temperature outside as 30°F and have not had the heated seats or steering wheel come on. I did find out the other week that after shutting the car off with heated seats and steering wheel on, pumping gas, and returning to the car, the heated seats and steering wheel came back on automatically. However on the same trip, I stopped at the grocery store for about 15 minutes, turning the car off with heated seats and steering wheel enabled, and when I returned they did not turn back on automatically. I'm curious as to what the temperature and time thresholds are to have this auto enable.

#6 ·
My experience is consistent with yours.

#8 ·
the way that it works is the following..

If you leave the car and return within a given timeframe (less than 15min i think), the car will not reset your settings, meaning if you had the seats/steering wheel on it will keep them on.

According to the manual (page 133 in 2018), the car is suppose to turn the seat warmers, steering wheel, and rear defrosters on IF the outside temperature is below 34F but I have also found this to be false. I will test again when it gets crispy cold in Chicago in a couple of weeks and return with results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.