Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else finding that the auto open/close windows and/or sunroof on the Giulia sometimes do not respond on the first touch?

Also I wish the sunroof had like a one touch open close. I don't like that both the glass and cover stop about 3 inches before opening all the way.

Anyone know how to make open/close all the way on one touch?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I haven't noticed any problem.

It should be a 2 position switch, the first part is manual, the 2nd is the auto open.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Been having the same intermittent issue with auto open but only with the passenger side window.

I agree with the sunroof annoyance of not opening all the way. Not sure what the rationale could be...

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Even more irritating to me is that you can't open the roof but keep the shade closed. That's a great way to keep the car cool without letting in a ton of pollen, dust, bad guys, etc...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Been having the same intermittent issue with auto open but only with the passenger side window.

I agree with the sunroof annoyance of not opening all the way. Not sure what the rationale could be...
Exact same. Auto up/down only an issue on occasion with my passenger window. All others work fine all the time. As for sunroof and shade, they both close in one motion for me, and they each stop once when opening before going to full open.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even more irritating to me is that you can't open the roof but keep the shade closed. That's a great way to keep the car cool without letting in a ton of pollen, dust, bad guys, etc...
I think the rationale for that is cause that that screen is not strong enough to withstand the elements. Not to mention how dirty it may get exposed directly on the roof.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0
104 Posts
Exact same. Auto up/down only an issue on occasion with my passenger window. All others work fine all the time. As for sunroof and shade, they both close in one motion for me, and they each stop once when opening before going to full open.
Same annoyance. The rear windows are even worse

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've had this problem on and off with my Audi windows for years. The dealer told me to raise the offending window by keep my finger on the switch and when it gets to the top continue holding the button, I believe he said 10 sec and it resets the auto up/down feature. Might want to see if the Alfas are the same.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
We haven't had any problems with our Ti, yet. We also don't have a sunroof.

I find the window switches to be nice. Most of the newer cars (I really like old cars) I've driven are hard to control the auto-up / auto-down. The Giulia is quite pronounced. I just have to push the switch harder to get to the auto part of the switch.

My 4C got confused with where the fully closed was once. I manually ran the window up and down a few times and it sorted it's self out.

My Fiat 500 C Abarth got confused with the top fully open / fully closed once. I had to manually run to the fully closed / fully open a few times and she sorted herself out. Nice car, but sold to make room for the 4C. Priorities.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've had this problem on and off with my Audi windows for years. The dealer told me to raise the offending window by keep my finger on the switch and when it gets to the top continue holding the button, I believe he said 10 sec and it resets the auto up/down feature. Might want to see if the Alfas are the same.
Good point. I had to reset the Rover's sunroof that way so it may be a standard across manufacturers.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
Yep, RTFM. After disconnecting and reconnecting the battery there is a window open/close calibration procedure to follow.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Is the sunroof supposed to auto-close? That has never worked for me. Anyone have luck with the hold the button down to reset?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts