Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder when they will put the Alfa competition model (GTA) against the BMW Comp model. But we all know that outcome wouldn’t be close.
Not to mention not even the same planet price-wise. I am curious to see the dyno numbers of the M3. I am sure it is putting down more than advertised, which is not unusual for BMW. I do wish they used the same tire on both cars to make it completely equal, but that won't overcome a .5 second outcome. BMW has an awesome platform, they just need to LCI it immediately.

· Registered
231 Posts
Local Non Comp base G80 dynoed 460+ (rated at 473HP) on a dynojet here so slighly higher than a QV so BMW definately under rating the motors. This comp is rated at 503hp so its probably has a good 30+ more HP. Weight is similiar so the old girl did pretty well to me (talking .5 sec)

· Registered
1,253 Posts
M3 is a great car with some nice touches but ugly looks and fake engine noise. The M cars will always be great track cars and each generation gets faster and faster. The QV is showing its age from a absolute speed standpoint (not to mention technology). However, if I wanted the ultimate track weapon, I would buy a Corvette or GT3RS.

I love my QV. It is a great driver's car and will be a great driver's car in 20 years when we are all riding nuclear powered hoverboards. So will the M3, for that matter. But, in 1-3 years, there will be a faster super saloon that will beat the M3 and the cycle continues.

· Registered
638 Posts
Wonder when they will put the Alfa competition model (GTA) against the BMW Comp model. But we all know that outcome wouldn’t be close.
I am reliably informed that there is some GTA/GTAm European press coming late April, but it is unclear what this will be. I asked if this meant a ring time, which was met with a very loud no answer. The M3 comp comparison seems likely albeit they are not comparable cars.

The more I think about @Alfa Philly comments about power then I agree with him. I kind of wish they had just put the Ferrari F154 (probably in F154BH form from the Roma). This would have given us a nice tasty V8 and lifted HP well over the 600 mark. The engine externals on the 690T and the F154 are pretty close given their shared heritage.

Of course this was never going to happen, but the Roma (without extra's) and the GTAm with extras are close in price.

· Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,725 Posts
I think the gta can be compared to the g80. If the gta wasn't limited production, then it would be widely compared. I'm sure alfa could have gotten the price down if they mass produced it. I still have no idea why they didn't just make this a mid cycle refresh ala "competition", especially knowing the g80 was right around the corner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.