Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
MSRP like every other car on the market right now almost. Demand > Supply.

Good Luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Good Luck
Thanks, but not quite. Down under, prices are inflated (taxes and fat import charges) and there is always room to negotiate and incentives even now.

Was hoping to find any recent local buyers to confirm to what extent deals/discounts can be had.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Where are you? In Sydney we used to be able to shop around to get the best deal but now in Australia’s largest city there is effectively one dealer. That has to have an effect. All new cars are in slightly short supply at the moment. When Alfa want to clear stock they sometimes produce a lot of low km “ demos” but maybe not now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where are you? In Sydney we used to be able to shop around to get the best deal but now in Australia’s largest city there is effectively one dealer. That has to have an effect. All new cars are in slightly short supply at the moment. When Alfa want to clear stock they sometimes produce a lot of low km “ demos” but maybe not now.
Wow, thanks! I last considered a 4C and back then there were far more dealers (I was going through Parramatta and Brisbane). I was told recently that they are effectively "build to order".

I am disappointed BMW G80 is so overpriced, which gives Alfa no reason to move on MSRP (having reduced it with MY20, of course).

Here's hoping MY22 brings something worth the wait...

·
Registered
377 Posts
The black MY20 in Sydney (demo with >2000km) was offered to me at $150k. Not even brand new. I think those having the last laugh are those of us who bought the runout MY17/MY18 cars brand new in the 110-120 range in early 2019 (with the 0.08% interest rate and 3 years free servicing to boot). Low km might still yield you $100k today if you were to sell, potentially only a 10-20% loss on a premium Euro car over a 2 - 2.5 year period!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Useful comment, and the kind I was waiting for, including about the MY17/18's I did hear about too. Thank you :)

So, it seems like it's a seller's market. Damnit... and if only they would (re)offer a 5 year warranty at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts