Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official. Now to see how the transfer of information went. I have an oil seep that I've been waiting a couple of months for the gasket for.

"On behalf of the Nyle Maxwell Family of Dealerships, we wanted to notify you that effective on November 8, 2021, we have sold the Alfa Romeo franchise. We also want to take this moment to extend our gratitude for you allowing us to serve your automotive needs.

When Alfa Romeo returned to the United States we were honored to be selected as the franchise representative for Austin. We’ve enjoyed a great relationship with the Alfa Romeo brand and have enjoyed working will all our customers that purchased and serviced their Alfa Romeo.

We know that you will be in great hands with the new owners. And know that if you are ever in the market for one of our other brands we sell; Chrysler, Dodge Jeep, Ram, Fiat or GMC, we have always valued your business and loyalty and appreciate the faith you have shown us over the years. I’ve always believed that the delivery of your vehicle is the beginning our relationship, not the end.

Sincerely,

Nyle Maxwell

All Alfa Romeo new car sales and service will be done at the new owner’s location which is:

Maserati Alfa Romeo of Austin
12925 Pond Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78729
(512)-399-4347"

Reactions: brentkhack

·
Registered
8 Posts
The new dealership suck, I have my instrument cluster go out. Calling them for last 2 weeks but not able to talk to anyone. Finally get through and they tell me to leave the car and they will look at in about 10 days. I asked if I can book an appointment for 10 days from now as I need to use the car and cannot just leave it, was told it will be 10 days from when I leave it with them. This is crazy, I never thought a luxury car dealership will treat their customers like this.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The new dealership suck, I have my instrument cluster go out. Calling them for last 2 weeks but not able to talk to anyone. Finally get through and they tell me to leave the car and they will look at in about 10 days. I asked if I can book an appointment for 10 days from now as I need to use the car and cannot just leave it, was told it will be 10 days from when I leave it with them. This is crazy, I never thought a luxury car dealership will treat their customers like this.
I think you should readjust your expectations. They are still in the midst of a complete ownership change and don’t have any certified Alfa technicians… and for what it’s worth, Alfa Romeo is not a “luxury” brand.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This sucks. I’m here in Austin as well and my 2018 Ti needs a couple minor things checked out. Nervous to even try the new dealership right now-
Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
This thread gives some indie alternatives in Austin. I’ll also add Northwest Imports to the list of alternatives, after an excellent experience.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ok cool thanks— do they do warranty work? Either original factory or aftermarket 3rd party-or-Mopar?

Greg.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ok cool thanks— do they do warranty work? Either original factory or aftermarket 3rd party-or-Mopar?

Greg.

You’d have to call them and ask, but I highly doubt it. All shops in the referenced thread are indies, who typically are not authorized by the OEMs for warranty work.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You’d have to call them and ask, but I highly doubt it. All shops in the referenced thread are indies, who typically are not authorized by the OEMs for warranty work.
I figured- thanks-

PS-however— lots of shops honor 3rd party warranties—

·
Registered
238 Posts
This thread gives some indie alternatives in Austin. I’ll also add Northwest Imports to the list of alternatives, after an excellent experience.
I'd caution being careful with the indies and make sure they use the exact OEM oil, you can see from that thread that my car had issues running the oil Eurofed used.

For doing warranty work they're obviously off the table, and I don't know if any of the indies will have the know-how and connections yet for something like a sunroof replacement.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd caution being careful with the indies and make sure they use the exact OEM oil, you can see from that thread that my car had issues running the oil Eurofed used.

For doing warranty work they're obviously off the table, and I don't know if any of the indies will have the know-how and connections yet for something like a sunroof replacement.
Agreed. I stocked up on OEM oil and filters from the dealer the week before they closed. My '17 Ti Sport is out of warranty by now, so I figure if anything fails I'm on my own one way or another ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts