Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Firstly, full disclosure. I drive a Stelvio but actively read this forum. I still dream of getting a Giuliu one day. I thought I'd raise my question here given there are more Australians and a dedicated sub-forum.

My Stelvio (2.2 Diesel Q4) brakes are due for a replacement soon so I rang up two authorised dealers in Sydney and was quoted (AUD inc GST):

Front pads: 425
Front rotors: 590
Rear pads: 275
Rear rotors: 2105
Total: 3245

The advisor on the phone was surprised himself at the cost and did mention the rear rotors were 380 (+gst) previously and FCA only changed the price recently. While I want to support our local market and see Alfa Romeo thrive, I can't justify paying this amount when I can order the same parts from Alfaworkshop in the UK for ~1500 (which includes 530 delivery).

If you live in Australia, where are you sourcing your parts from?

·
Registered
560 Posts
The issue is that some mechanics may refuse to fit parts that are bought elsewhere unless you can do it yourself.

Having said that for Giulia I found DBA (Disc Brakes Australia) have a listing for rotors and there is an option for slotted ones aswell, Bosch have a listing for brakepads.

I'm due for brakes aswell so shopping around. It might be the case of upgrading with performance parts might be cheaper than replacing with original!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just joined this forum (admittedly I'm not a Giulia owner, GT here), but there's a number of places I source parts from overseas that are cheaper and quite often faster than buying local. Autolusso, EB spares, Shop4Parts to name a few, also locally there's Arese Spares. Plenty of options around, just need to do a bit of internet digging!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just joined this forum (admittedly I'm not a Giulia owner, GT here), but there's a number of places I source parts from overseas that are cheaper and quite often faster than buying local. Autolusso, EB spares, Shop4Parts to name a few, also locally there's Arese Spares. Plenty of options around, just need to do a bit of internet digging!
I just ordered my brakes from Arese Spares. Easy and hassle free. Vlade was quick to respond and had me sorted over the phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts