Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

741 - 760 of 784 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I seem to remember from the days when I had a standalone TomTom that they don't actually generate the map data for Australia themselves, but buy it from someone else. So the onselling licensing arrangements may be different. Not that it should be our problem. If it costs FCA money to provide a minimum level of service, so be it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
I seem to remember from the days when I had a standalone TomTom that they don't actually generate the map data for Australia themselves, but buy it from someone else. So the onselling licensing arrangements may be different. Not that it should be our problem. If it costs FCA money to provide a minimum level of service, so be it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I can cope without frequent updates. I am even prepared to pay a bit for occasional updates. But no updates at all?
My old car never had its maps updated and on a recent trip to the Hunter Valley a 45 minute trip at night took 1 1/2 hours because a new highway wasn't on the map!

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
For the NAFTA market I believe the maps were generated in 2016 and have not been updated.

I wonder if there is some back door that would allow updating the Giulia Nav with maps from Tom Tom?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am just hoping that when gps initialising tomorrow morning might be better. Spewing about the voice input as it took me quite sometime to get it sorted after 0.55. Feck! So its not easy to go back to previous version of software?
Any update?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Any update?
well, the voice input is definitely broken again. I cant try the gps properly till ill drive to Melbourne, not planning to do so in the near future. In the small town and streets works fine, was only doing it when previewing the line exits etc

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's weird..my sat nav seems better than before the update. Not sure for the voice input, I never use it
Are you able confirm if your voice input works for navigation destination? I'm getting mine serviced friday and worry about the update breaking voice input. You can say "navigate to (number) (street) (suburb)" and let us know if it works please???? Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Are you able confirm if your voice input works for navigation destination? I'm getting mine serviced friday and worry about the update breaking voice input. You can say "navigate to (number) (street) (suburb)" and let us know if it works please???? Thanks
Mine says “that destination cannot be navigated to.” Broken. Broken. Broken.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hopefully @Stric can confirm if his is the same issue too???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tried this morning and definitely it's not working, but not an issue for me since I've never use it

·
Registered
166 Posts
Tried this morning and definitely it's not working, but not an issue for me since I've never use it
Thanks for that - might tell them to leave my software alone then

·
Registered
166 Posts
Car was serviced and they didn't update to the new Software - my voice commands for Navigation live to fight another day! The system is unusable without voice, using the rotary dial is hopeless, and all things considered, the voice instructions work 9 times out of 10 for me! Will happily live with a 15% smaller camera but keep voice commands! Maybe next service I can have both....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Car was serviced and they didn't update to the new Software - my voice commands for Navigation live to fight another day! The system is unusable without voice, using the rotary dial is hopeless, and all things considered, the voice instructions work 9 times out of 10 for me! Will happily live with a 15% smaller camera but keep voice commands! Maybe next service I can have both....
I wish i knew that the new update is breaking the voice nav. I didnt even think that they would do that again after all the drama with 0.55

·
Registered
166 Posts
I wish i knew that the new update is breaking the voice nav. I didnt even think that they would do that again after all the drama with 0.55
Must be an issue using the global update, that they need to manually change some code for the Australian market. Just can't think of what it would be though. Send a complaint in so at least they know about it

741 - 760 of 784 Posts