Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

641 - 660 of 667 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
last update guys, it accepts navigation to "home" only,my accent as non native English speaker could be a reason too;)
to be honest I rarely use car nav as the map is really old.
It'll navigate to favourite locations, but won't navigate to an address inputted verbally

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an issue with my phone contacts loading intermittently (iPhone8). Have tried deleting device etc. with no success. How can I find out which update version I have?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
should I get them to update to 061? does it worth the headache?
002.009.061 is the dedicated version replacing 002.009.055 for Australia/NZ, that solves the voice command problem only you guys seem to have for some reason. I assume something to do with country settings.......
Update should only take 15 minutes or so ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm impacted by this also. Just realise voice command has stopped working . It's also noticeably slower / laggy after the software update. Has anyone complained enough to get the hardware updated to the newer version ( that supports carplay / android auto ) ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I tried but got denied as they finally released 0.61 to fix voice nav. Only few lucky ones got new hardware due to timing and no other fix available. With that being said still no carplay/android available on the new hardware replacement from alfa. I am waiting for an aftermarket solution or when finally alfa offers an upgrade path ( unlikely for 2017 models)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I found this trying to find solutions it's for the US market. As I understand it the "older" hardware and software versions do not support AA and Carplay the way to find out is via the software version. For AA a dual USB module is needed and software 56xx and upwards. Someone in the U.S. mentioned the USB is about $200 USD or something like that. I was one of them who got the radio upgraded and toying with this idea. Not sure how much an upgrade is worth here in Australia.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is another person here that has an after market solution for $500usd. It's an add on module . You long press the menu button to activate carplay /android auto. Apparently more responsive than the factory unit and it's full screen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is another person here that has an after market solution for $500usd. It's an add on module . You long press the menu button to activate carplay /android auto. Apparently more responsive than the factory unit and it's full screen.
I have not heard any updates on this i have asked for more info but have heard nothing. You got anymore info mjb??

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not sure about the $500 module but there is one in Alibaba running Android. The other option is one from the Netherlands called navinc about $1000 euro

·
Registered
20 Posts
Think the Alibaba one replaces the entire head unit which I really dont want to do, and it looks bit dodgy. The screen angle is different than OEM

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have not heard any updates on this i have asked for more info but have heard nothing. You got anymore info mjb??
Just via email, unit ships out of Hong Kong and is in USD will post to my door. He doesn't have a video of it in a guilia he sent me a vid of a Mercedes. Apparently he is doing a installation video shortly . I asked him to list it on eBay so I can buy online and with PayPal protection. Below is from a recent email
"It is a standalone carplay system, which uses CAN bus to intercept factory display feed and replace it with carplay interface video feed to the center display.
Not a mirroring for sure, we have been doing Audi BMW Mercedes VW honda all kinds of car with various system setup.
Here is a Mercedes semple, différence is this customer wants touch screen so it is S style long display. Your will keep original display with out touch screen control with the wheel."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just via email, unit ships out of Hong Kong and is in USD will post to my door. He doesn't have a video of it in a guilia he sent me a vid of a Mercedes. Apparently he is doing a installation video shortly . I asked him to list it on eBay so I can buy online and with PayPal protection. Below is from a recent email
"It is a standalone carplay system, which uses CAN bus to intercept factory display feed and replace it with carplay interface video feed to the center display.
Not a mirroring for sure, we have been doing Audi BMW Mercedes VW honda all kinds of car with various system setup.
Here is a Mercedes semple, différence is this customer wants touch screen so it is S style long display. Your will keep original display with out touch screen control with the wheel."
Sounds promising let us know when you know more :)

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am not sure if it's relevant or not but after update to 055,auto park brake release doesn't work some times.
has any body have ever noticed that cruise Radar doesn't sense cars some times? it happens to me couple of times every week.

641 - 660 of 667 Posts