February 412
March 484
April 634
May 883
June 995
July. 1225
August 1140

"Alfa Romeo Brand
Alfa Romeo brand sales of 1,140 units were up significantly compared with the same month a year ago as the all-new Alfa Romeo Stelvio begins to arrive at U.S. dealerships"

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Beginning to see more and more Giulias on the road.....

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm surprised at that August number. Is that just Giulias?

I know the Stelvios are moving.

My brother got his in August by chance since someone's financing fell through.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I saw 1 on the road so far in 5 months...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I think it's relative to where you live....although in "Suburbia" my neighborhood is far from rural....I saw a Red Ti Sport yesterday and a Blue Ti Lusso today.....and every Sunday at NYAROC's breakfast there's sometimes as many as 3 or 4 in one parking lot !!!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I live in DC metro and have seen only one on the road so far in 6 months....and even that one in Germany of all places lol

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I got mine at the end of May and have been watching for Giulias ever since. I live in Chicago and work downtown so I see hundreds and hundreds of cars. I've yet to see another one in the city. Zero.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I wonder if anyone has the sales breakdown according to region ....state .....
Might shed some light....D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Considering where US market is going one would thing Stelvio would outsell Giulias once there is good supply....but then again SUVs are usually not driven by car enthusiasts and Alfas are hardly mainstream brand....will be interesting to see if Stelvio catches on real strong

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have yet to see a single one.
There is no dealer in my metro area. A local acquaintance bought a base Guilia several months ago from a dealer 200 miles away. I have seen his car once here in town. That is the only Guilia I've seen in the wild.

I drove ~1500 miles a couple of weeks ago - a trip that took me through Dallas and Austin to San Antonio, and back through Dallas and Austin. I did not see a single Alfa Romeo during the trip.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,794 Posts
this is a word of mouth car in the US as more people become aware of them

keep up the good work guys, it is a beautifully fantastic automobile and happy that you guys can finally experience Alfa Romeo in all her finer racing/driving glory

this will be a classic Alfa

·
Registered
554 Posts
These numbers don't mean much to me without some sort of context, so I tried to relate them to a make a don't see very often. I average about 1hr 15 min of driving per day and see a TON of Audis, BMWs, and Mercedes, which naturally made me not want any of them. But Jaguars... I only see maybe 1 every two weeks or so. Same with Teslas. I have never seen a newer model Maserati or Alfa in the wild. Of course, also keep in mind Giulia has only been in the US for 8 months, so you won't see any 2013s zooming around like you will with other companies. So for those who might be curious...

Jaguar 2017- 2939, 3484, 4953, 3230, 3113, 2946 (No July data on this particular website)
Tesla 2017- 1650, 2550, 6200, 1840, 3350, 4550, 3105
Maserati- 889, 1087, 1312, 1265, 1265, 900, 1063
BMW- 18109, 22558, 31015, 22624, 25818, 28962, 21965

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
In Santa Clara all of 2 miles from Steven's Creek Maserati/Alfa:

2 Alfa Giulias spotted. A blue one (same car seen twice) and a white one (west bound on 237 in Mountain View). Considering that the Alfa dealer tells me that the blue one is owned by a nearby neighbor, it seems that simply spotting specific cars is harder than it sounds.

Alfa 4C: 0 on road. Alfa Stelvio: 0 on road. Classic Alfas: 0 in the last few years.

I see Maserati Ghibli once in a while. Someone who works at my credit union drives one to work, so I am not counting that one repeatedly.

I see Tesla S and/or X on nearly every corner (literally, if I look at the vehicles stopped at a light on the expressway there is almost always at least 1 Tesla in the pack). You don't see them because they are all here. I have seen several of the Roadsters as well, but none recently. There are several to be seen just in my company parking lot. Santa Clara Municipal electricity (Silicon Valley Power) makes electricity cheap here, perhaps that make electric cars more economic (but then, is Portland overrun with Teslas?)? Maybe it is just all of the Apple employees? Of course, the cars are designed and made here, so that may be a factor too.

BMW and Audi are *everywhere*, including many in my employers parking lot; M3s, S7, etc.

I have seen 1 Nio EP9 (parked). I was too stunned to think to take a picture. Check the Nuerburgring records if you don't know what it is. Working near the Nio development facility made that possible; it was in their parking lot unattended.

I have seen 1 Porsche 918 (parked, at the local Pizzeria). The Porsche dealer is another 1 mile down the road from the Alfa dealer.

I got stuck in traffic behind a McLaren once.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Considering where US market is going one would thing Stelvio would outsell Giulias once there is good supply....but then again SUVs are usually not driven by car enthusiasts and Alfas are hardly mainstream brand....will be interesting to see if Stelvio catches on real strong
In production, Stelvio has already overtaken Giulia.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Word of mouth is the best marketing, usually 30-40% of sales is coming from it.
We have 30 company cars, I "sold" to my colleagues 3 Stelvio and 1 Giulia already, and it's just the beginning :), waiting the other leasing that are still in progress:)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
In production, Stelvio has already overtaken Giulia.
Good....because in US it really is Stelvio that will make or break Alfa's return the market, me thinks

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Lets not fool ourselves, Alfa will never be mainstream brand here but then it is not supposed to be....I think it would be a very good measure of success if Alfa came close to Jaguar numbers in next couple of years, Jag has had quite a brand revival in last couple of years with slew of attractive and distinctively Jaguar models but it stil caters to certain group just like Alfa does....DC is a bit of a well kept secret since it has regularly 6-7 out of 10 richest counties in US but much of the money flow here comes from federal taxpayer...there is so much money here as in Silicon Valley but it tries to keep more low profile....I can see 15 Teslas, 2-3 Maserattis, 1 or 2 Jags, shitload of Porsches, neighbor has a Fiskar and german brands are like Fiats in Rome....yet you take a drive through downtown DC and pedestrians are hitting traffic signs and tripping over themselves starring at sight of Alfa

1 - 20 of 62 Posts