Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an audio alert on blind spot monitoring? My dealer says there is. But I have only seen a visual alert. I have audible alert on one of my cars and and its far more useful than the tiny triangle in the side mirror.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't noticed that in my car. Maybe if you try and switch lanes with someone in the way it will chime? I'm not sure as I haven't tried that for obvious reasons

·
Registered
55 Posts
No audio alert. BSM is on solid if someone is in your blind spot, and it will flash if you indicate in that direction while the BSM is active.

·
Registered
178 Posts
No audio alert. BSM is on solid if someone is in your blind spot, and it will flash if you indicate in that direction while the BSM is active.

I do wish it would have an audio alert as well like on my other FCA product. Audible alert is very useful.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I do wish it would have an audio alert as well like on my other FCA product. Audible alert is very useful.
Ditto. Seems like it would be an easy firmware upgrade. Am hoping they provide it in the future.

Steve

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Several better questions are: "Why did my dealer think there is an audio alert?" an "Why didn't my dealer inform me on how to set the audio alert?" I too had issues with my salesman not knowing these cars.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I believe there is an audible alert if someone (or something) is crossing in your path behind you while you are reversing....

Reactions: Chramon

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wish there was a secondary alert as well. I have driven cars with BSM where the steering wheel will vibrate if you hit turn signal and something is detected in blind spot in addition to flashing light in side view mirror

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I wish there was a secondary alert as well. I have driven cars with BSM where the steering wheel will vibrate if you hit turn signal and something is detected in blind spot in addition to flashing light in side view mirror
I am really glad there isnt one, whether beeping or even worse interfering with steering....had a rental in EU couple of years ago that was messing with steering on curvy roads everytime you got to close the line and then released after you crossed it....unbearable...took me an hour to figure out how to switch that thing off....once in city center of Madrid it was beeping incessantly with BSW....makes you wonder if the new generations even know how to drive any more without all these nannies

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am really glad there isnt one, whether beeping or even worse interfering with steering....had a rental in EU couple of years ago that was messing with steering on curvy roads everytime you got to close the line and then released after you crossed it....unbearable...took me an hour to figure out how to switch that thing off....once in city center of Madrid it was beeping incessantly with BSW....makes you wonder if the new generations even know how to drive any more without all these nannies
The cars with an audio alert (at least the one I have) only beeps when you try to change the lane when there is a car in the blind spot. Extremely useful as the blind spot indicator is yellow color and small like Giulia. So you can almost miss it.

On my Audi the there is no audio alert but there are like six LED that are mounted to the inside of my side mirror and they flash rapidly if you about make dangerous lane change. Hard to miss. I like that method the best. Also I can adjust the brightness of the LEDs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Manual refers to audio selection for BSM

Oddly, the owners manual refers to a settings option to toggle audio for BSM, though my settings screen doesn't provide the option.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
415 Posts
Old thread but can anyone confirm if this works and if so how, audible anytime warning is lite up on mirror or only if warning light is on and you try to change to that lane.

this is from my infotainment

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm in for more info. My car doesn't make noise even when I try to change lanes (signal) when someone is in the blind spot and the light is on even though the visual + audio settings is on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Fairly sure my car will beep when I change lanes with someone in my blind spot. The mirrors light up whenever there is a car in the blind spot i.e. when I am overtaking someone or when someone is overtaking me, but only makes a beep when I change lanes at the same time. I could be confusing this with my previous car but thought the Alfa did it too. I'll check next time I'm out and try to force it to beep (normally by getting back into lane too quickly after an overtaking manoeuvre. UK car if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Not 100% sure but I think audio alert in menu became available with some infotainment update. However to make it work you'll have to make some updates at dealer.

·
Registered
2018 QV Trofeo White
118 Posts
There is an audio alert you have to have the new head unit and they have to flash all the software modules in car to make it work

Is there an audio alert on blind spot monitoring? My dealer says there is. But I have only seen a visual alert. I have audible alert on one of my cars and and its far more useful than the tiny triangle in the side mirror.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a loaner 2019 that had the audio warning. It was very nice. Blinker on and someone in your blind spot it makes a sound. After a head unit update in my 2018 I have the option available but when I select audio and visual both stop working. Sooooo close! I have a dealer looking at it when I bring it in for maintenance. I think a module needs updating. I would love if they could get this working and maybe also the heated seats on when cold automatically.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts