Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I suppose what I'm saying is, the stock setup on the Q4 was 225/40/19 on 19x8 wheels. Besides looking weak aesthetically, I found that it lacked traction at the rear under full throttle. Never got squirrelly but, I could sense tc intervening and hampering the experience, as well as shredding the rear tires. I wanted to fix it with more rear traction without busting the piggybank. The only option I found was downsizing to 18 inch wheels, where I found a staggered setup with identical circumference. If there was a wider and square 19" setup at anywhere near the cost, I would have gone that direction instead. I'm not directly proposing staggered for Q4 but, looking for options that aren't readily available in our bolt pattern and offset. I don't object to 4 QV front wheels but those aren't easy to come by or particularly economical. Not that the cost is unreasonable but, it's hard to swallow when most cars have so many alternatives.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I suppose what I'm saying is, the stock setup on the Q4 was 225/40/19 on 19x8 wheels. Besides looking weak aesthetically, I found that it lacked traction at the rear under full throttle. Never got squirrelly but, I could sense tc intervening and hampering the experience, as well as shredding the rear tires. I wanted to fix it with more rear traction without busting the piggybank. The only option I found was downsizing to 18 inch wheels, where I found a staggered setup with identical circumference. If there was a wider and square 19" setup at anywhere near the cost, I would have gone that direction instead. I'm not directly proposing staggered for Q4 but, looking for options that aren't readily available in our bolt pattern and offset. I don't object to 4 QV front wheels but those aren't easy to come by or particularly economical. Not that the cost is unreasonable but, it's hard to swallow when most cars have so many alternatives.
U can go with thw oem 19x8/19x9 staggered option for Q4, with 225/40 and 255/35 tires. I think these sizes are more suitable then the QV sizes, which might b a bit overkill

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,725 Posts
What are the weight of these wheels?
It says on the Centerline website. IIRC 19.5 front 20.5 rear.

An issue with the OEM staggered 5 hole setup is that the wheels are cast and heavy relative to either Tecnico or Aspira.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That's what I have, but it is expensive and it is not clear to me that the Tecnico wheels are as light as claimed. Why not supply said setup using the Aspira wheels?
Because, on a limited production run, which is already doubled in numbers by the need for staggered front and rears, the manufacturer will not break up the staggered sets. It would leave too many divorced wheels.

What about the ADVAN in 19x8.5 ET40? Check them out here.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Currently we are running a wheel promo at A9, buy 4 wheels and get a free Longacre Racing 0-60 Deluxe analog tire pressure gauge, with matching hardcase. The Aspira AV-5's are in stock in both Gunmetal and Satin Black colors here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Matt,

I'm looking at the sale on these and am wondering if you've had anyone go 255's in the front and 305's in the rear. I don't think the fronts will be a problem but the rears may rub a good amount. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey Matt,

I'm looking at the sale on these and am wondering if you've had anyone go 255's in the front and 305's in the rear. I don't think the fronts will be a problem but the rears may rub a good amount. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated
Yes, the 255/35-19 and 305/30-19 sizing has been fitted on Aspira's for the Giulia Quadrifolio and is tested.

The rears do not rub. H&R springs are fitted on that car also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, the 255/35-19 and 305/30-19 sizing has been fitted on Aspira's for the Giulia Quadrifolio and is tested.

The rears do not rub. H&R springs are fitted on that car also.
Not in my case 2017 stock and 18 (with the higher springs from factory) both do rub from the front and rears.

front:
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

Vertebrate Gesture Grey Plant Automotive tire

Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Grey Road surface

rear:
Grey Wood Road surface Asphalt Art

White Gas Personal protective equipment Helmet Auto part

Driven with them for less than 200mile and this the results on the 2017.

took them off, looking to get spacers to fix the rubbing situation or at least reduce it.

thinking the 12mm spacers should fix it but worrying it might rub on fenders.

any recommendations?

note: tires I am using cup2s

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV
30 Posts
Not in my case 2017 stock and 18 (with the higher springs from factory) both do rub from the front and rears.

front:
View attachment 116069
View attachment 116067
View attachment 116068

rear:
View attachment 116070
View attachment 116071

Driven with them for less than 200mile and this the results on the 2017.

took them off, looking to get spacers to fix the rubbing situation or at least reduce it.

thinking the 12mm spacers should fix it but worrying it might rub on fenders.

any recommendations?

note: tires I am using cup2s
Cup 2s run wide to begin with. Best fix would be to run stock tire sizes. I think you'll run into more problems with spacers

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV
30 Posts
as in fenders rubbing on tires?
Right. Spacers will solve your inside fender rubbing issue but then create outside fender rubbing problems, especially since the wheels are 1/2 inch wider already.

I guess you could get a 5mm spacer and test it out though. Cheaper than new tires

·
Registered
29 Posts
Right. Spacers will solve your inside fender rubbing issue but then create outside fender rubbing problems, especially since the wheels are 1/2 inch wider already.

I guess you could get a 5mm spacer and test it out though. Cheaper than new tires
I doubt a 5mm spacers will stop the rubbing from the inside at full compression as you can see from the space barely 1mm space and when turning a bit sharp I feel the car is restricted by the rubbing of tires.

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Tread Wheel

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

But I’ll will try both 5mm and 12mm
Not sure if I can get two 5mm stack them together will it be safe?

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV
30 Posts
I doubt a 5mm spacers will stop the rubbing from the inside at full compression as you can see from the space barely 1mm space and when turning a bit sharp I feel the car is restricted by the rubbing of tires.

View attachment 116120
View attachment 116121

But I’ll will try both 5mm and 12mm
Not sure if I can get two 5mm stack them together will it be safe?
Not safe to stack spacers.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts