Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone here who bought a V1 set of Aspira's!

Good news, we've got the V2 restock in now, and the V2 has some improvements--

1) For these second generation sets, fitment for ALL Giulia models is verified = they are hubcentric, 5x110 Alfa pcd and ready to bolt on! They fit CCB or Steel Rotors brakes alike.
2) Even better is that the center cap size is now machined to allow you to use your OEM Alfa Romeo logo centercaps, just snap them in and go.
3) Lastly, keeping the tariff effects to an absolute minimum, we are offering these with free shipping, at $2995 delivered to lower 48.

Size:
19x9 ET30 and 19x10.5 ET47 in back.
Standard tire sizes to mount these with are factory sizes 245/35/-19 F + 285/30-19 R - OR- up to 255/35-19 F + 295/30-19 R
305mm in back is possible now with the 10.5" rear.

Link to site here

Let me know any questions.
Forza Alfa! Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
131 Posts
This new sizing sounds perfect for the Michelin PS4S tires because being 0.5” wider they will make the 255-295 tire sizes nearly identical in rolling diameter to the OEM sizes. Good job by Aspira.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,291 Posts
Now to go sell a kidney!

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This new sizing sounds perfect for the Michelin PS4S tires because being 0.5” wider they will make the 255-295 tire sizes nearly identical in rolling diameter to the OEM sizes. Good job by Aspira.
Yes, that was definitely intended.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
They look nice. Questions: 1) do you also sell the OEM TPMSs to put on those wheels?. The AR centercaps are a great addition. 2) do you have those wheels in bright instead of dark?. I am talking about the identical bright tecnico wheels look. 3) what is the cost of a QV OEM Spec set (8.5x19" and 10x19")?. The OEM QV Spec is 34 front and 41 rear
OEM QV Specs is ET34 front and ET41 rear so, 4) are your ET30 front and ET47 rear going to be a problem?.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They look nice. Questions:
Thanks for your questions, see below...

1) do you also sell the OEM TPMSs to put on those wheels?
YES, find them here.

2) do you have those wheels in bright instead of dark?
We have a small number left from the first run, in Bright silver. Again, find them here.

3) what is the cost of a QV OEM Spec set?
If you want OEM 5-hole or Tecnico rims please send a pm or email for pricing. Thanks.

4) are your ET30 front and ET47 rear going to be a problem?.
No problem running this on a QV or Giulia Ti. Use factory tires at 245/35-19 and 285/30-19 and you are very close to OEM spec. The front will be about about 9-10mm outward in the fenders.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Thanks for your questions, see below...

1) do you also sell the OEM TPMSs to put on those wheels?
YES, find them here.

2) do you have those wheels in bright instead of dark?
We have a small number left from the first run, in Bright silver. Again, find them here.

3) what is the cost of a QV OEM Spec set?
If you want OEM 5-hole or Tecnico rims please send a pm or email for pricing. Thanks.

4) are your ET30 front and ET47 rear going to be a problem?.
No problem running this on a QV or Giulia Ti. Use factory tires at 245/35-19 and 285/30-19 and you are very close to OEM spec. The front will be about about 9-10mm outward in the fenders.
Thanks @[email protected]. I saw the prices of the TPMSs and the bright wheels on the above links. That's all what I needed to know for now. Also, I know that 5mm spacers on the front would be needed with these wheels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Would these work for the Q4?
I asked a related question when the original wheels were offered. Never saw a reply. Won't keep me from doing what I believe to be acceptable. I have been running staggered summer tires on a Q4 without issue. As long as the tire size choice is within the appropriate range of variance, nearly none, I can't think of a reason why these aren't okay.
I ran 235/45 and 265/40/18 Michelin PS4S all last summer. The circumference is identical, to the same rotation per mile. That's not always possible with a staggered setup but, if you can get within a percent or so, I believe you're fine. Every time you turn the steering wheels, they're rotating at a different speed than the back anyway. Thinking a slight variation (1%) will result in disaster is irrational, in my opinion.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks @[email protected]. I saw the prices of the TPMSs and the bright wheels on the above links. That's all what I needed to know for now. Also, I know that 5mm spacers on the front would be needed with these wheels.
You bet!

Also, re the 5mm spacers, those are not needed to clear the brakes. They are 100% bolt on no spacer required.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would these work for the Q4?
I asked a related question when the original wheels were offered. Never saw a reply. Won't keep me from doing what I believe to be acceptable. I have been running staggered summer tires on a Q4 without issue. As long as the tire size choice is within the appropriate range of variance, nearly none, I can't think of a reason why these aren't okay.
I ran 235/45 and 265/40/18 Michelin PS4S all last summer. The circumference is identical, to the same rotation per mile. That's not always possible with a staggered setup but, if you can get within a percent or so, I believe you're fine. Every time you turn the steering wheels, they're rotating at a different speed than the back anyway. Thinking a slight variation (1%) will result in disaster is irrational, in my opinion.
Yes, you can run them on a Q4, just keep the O.D.'s the same as stock, or at least the same proportion if you upsize.

Let me know any questions. We are also offering these as packages with tires, mount and balance, shipped, etc... whole 9 yards

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,725 Posts
For Q4 I would think a square setup with the 8.5 wide tires front and rear would be a better match to the performance of the car. No sense in pushing several extra pounds/wheel (+1/wheel +2 or so for wide tire) if the car does not need it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
While I agree that this much wheel/tire is overkill, I do find a stagger to be slightly beneficial with Q4. Within a couple months I felt I was losing rear wheel grip during acceleration. The rear tires were wearing at a surprising rate with very low miles. With the rear bias, it begins to lose grip before the front is engaged. This is great in everyday driving or poor weather conditions but less than ideal when driving aggressively. I've stayed square for a winter setup but have been very pleased with the stagger in summer.
It is a challenge to find staggered tires with appropriate dimensions at these widths. The 255/295 set is perfect but, I agree, more than needed. That's a primary reason why I went to 18s. Not satisfied with them aesthetically though so, always considering options.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For Q4 I would think a square setup with the 8.5 wide tires front and rear would be a better match to the performance of the car. No sense in pushing several extra pounds/wheel (+1/wheel +2 or so for wide tire) if the car does not need it.
For the record, we've outfitted a few Q4's with OEM QV 19x8.5's ET34. It's a solid setup for those wanting to keep it square.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,725 Posts
For the record, we've outfitted a few Q4's with OEM QV 19x8.5's ET34. It's a solid setup for those wanting to keep it square.
That's what I have, but it is expensive and it is not clear to me that the Tecnico wheels are as light as claimed. Why not supply said setup using the Aspira wheels?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts