Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Alfa Romeo Collective,

I am starting this thread so that you can post your questions about "All Things Giulia" - from specifications to availability and all things in between. While the discussion in this forum is already quite healthy, I suspect there is value in hearing the information "from the horse's mouth" - as it were.

This is not a sales thread: for the sake of this thread I am employed with Alfa Romeo USA in an unspecified capacity.

I will do my very best to answer each question, though I suspect some of them will fall outside my field of knowledge: just because I work for Alfa Romeo doesn't mean I know absolutely every aspect of everything :smile2:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prove you are in fact an Alfa Employee!
Good question: I am not so sure I can think of a way that doesn't involve sharing personal information, which I obviously don't wish to make available publicly.

On the other hand, would anyone really want to impersonate an Alfa Romeo employee under false pretenses? I guess we live in odd times and the chance does exist, but...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your offer to answer questions.
Here are a couple that are on my mind and remains a source of active discussion.
Are the 2017's going to get an upgrade for Apple Carplay, Android support?
What about an update to provide live traffic for the nav system?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Good question: I am not so sure I can think of a way that doesn't involve sharing personal information, which I obviously don't wish to make available publicly.

On the other hand, would anyone really want to impersonate an Alfa Romeo employee under false pretenses? I guess we live in odd times and the chance does exist, but...
Well I know one way we can prove this pretty fast. We need a MOD to verify that you have an Afla Romeo email address. Same verification as the AlfaRomeoCares group on this Forum. So FNM or EricVonHa please verify so this thread doesn't get out of hand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your offer to answer questions.
Here are a couple that are on my mind and remains a source of active discussion.
Are the 2017's going to get an upgrade for Apple Carplay, Android support?
What about an update to provide live traffic for the nav system?
While later 2018 models will have Carplay and Auto support, no firm determination has been made yet as to whether a software update will be created and made retroactive. I expect that information will become available to me in the next two-three weeks: I do know information about that very topic is forthcoming - shortly.

As for Live Traffic support: I haven't heard anything either "firm" or even "soft" that leads me to believe it will be a supported function in the immediate future.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Looks like MacGeek cant alone deal with this rowdy crowd anymore and might have sent reinforcements in :)

Asgor welcome to the forum, your insider info will be very helpful (too bad it wasnt done months ago by Alfa, it would save a lot of bad threads and bad experiences with cars)

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I'll play,
why can't Quadrifoglio purchasers have their choice of interiors, like red sports seat (or the crema lusso) with light wood trim?
likewise, why can't you order Misano blue with a red interior?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,757 Posts
Do you work with Andrea and Kori in Centerline?

There's at least one other FCA employee posting; he's at Belvidere.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Moderator PM sent
Thank you FNM, I honestly think this is a hoax, troll, let's waste everyones time I'm up to no good poster.

MacGeek is not even an employee but provides valuable, accurate and important information to this Forum, AlfaRomeoCares as well. I can tell by his first answer this is a TROLL...... And if verified that he's not affiliated with Alfa Romeo this Thread should be removed and he should be banned for impersonating as such.

·
Registered
24 Posts
While later 2018 models will have Carplay and Auto support, no firm determination has been made yet as to whether a software update will be created and made retroactive. I expect that information will become available to me in the next two-three weeks: I do know information about that very topic is forthcoming - shortly.

As for Live Traffic support: I haven't heard anything either "firm" or even "soft" that leads me to believe it will be a supported function in the immediate future.
Thanks. The lack of an answer to this question is keeping me from a purchase. And the lack of an answer is harming AR's good will with current customers.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks. The lack of an answer to this question is keeping me from a purchase. And the lack of an answer is harming AR's good will with current customers.
Jameswells take this answer with extreme caution of it being fake. Let the MOD's determine if in fact this is an Alfa employee. See this is exactly why we need to keep these Trolls out......

·
Registered
526 Posts
If the lack of car play is keeping you from buying a Giulia, you are missing the whole point of Alfa ownership. I suggest an A4.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.