Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,789 Posts
I enjoyed reading your article, Steve. Thanks for sharing it with us. I don't know if my car and I will ever get to TC (I lament not going "Up North" more often), but will surely let you know in advance. Hagerty is one of those companies I hope to do business with someday (because I'd like to have a classic car to insure).

Forgive me for asking an OT question, but is that well head right next to your driveway? I think I'd live in fear of our snowplow guy hitting it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny, that isn't actually my driveway. I took the photo when I was visiting some friends in Leland. It's a really beautiful spot.

I had a similar thought about that pipe when I saw it. The house has been there for nearly 70 years, so I guess it hasn't been much of an issue.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Loved it! Nice job. I bet you have some fun roads to drive on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We do have some beautiful roads here. We have hundreds of miles of water frontage and, once out of town, relatively little traffic. Here is a video we made a couple of years ago that show some of the nice roads. There is no Alfa in this video, but another car I used to own.
Granted, this all makes for fantastic driving in warmer seasons. Summers are gorgeous here, fall brings a lot of tourists for color tours. Our winters are long with a fair amount of snow, but I like going sideways, so it's fun in other ways. I am curious to see how the Giulia does in the snow but I'm holding off on buying winter tires for now.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,789 Posts
Watched not-very-attentively with the sound off. Did I miss the M-22 signs?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The video wasn't filmed on M22, just some roads a mile or two out of town on the Old Mission Peninsula. Those are beautiful drives, but nothing like M22 and Leelanau. We are actually having a road rally around M22 this Saturday morning if anyone is in town. We leave from Hagerty HQ in downtown Traverse City at 10 and are driving all the way around M22 to Frankfort. It should be about a 2-hour drive. All fun cars are welcomed, old or new.

·
Registered
296 Posts
We do have some beautiful roads here. We have hundreds of miles of water frontage and, once out of town, relatively little traffic. Here is a video we made a couple of years ago that show some of the nice roads. There is no Alfa in this video, but another car I used to own.
Granted, this all makes for fantastic driving in warmer seasons. Summers are gorgeous here, fall brings a lot of tourists for color tours. Our winters are long with a fair amount of snow, but I like going sideways, so it's fun in other ways. I am curious to see how the Giulia does in the snow but I'm holding off on buying winter tires for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHU9WuAH7UQ
Nice video :)
I still have my 1993 300ZX Twin Turbo - I am the original owner.
Less than 50,000 miles on her and she runs and drives like new.

Enjoy The Ride!

Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice, hold on to that 300ZX. I don't need to tell you that TT prices are on the rise. I'm sure you saw the recent sale of an original 528 mile example for over $90,000? That sale was nuts, but they are amazing cars and still great values in most cases. Matt, the owner of the white 2-seater in the video, picked up a teal 60k mile 300ZX twin turbo this past summer. He still has the white one, too. Of course, I sold my 2+2 just before prices started rising, as I predicted in the video. His TT isn't mint, it has some paint issues, but it is still stupid fast and very solid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts