Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some of the armrest bin organizers other members posted from eBay and elsewhere but came across this one on Amazon for $15 shipped Prime. It comes with two removable rubber mats with a nice Quadrifoglio insignia on the larger mat. The listing showed the logo all pixelated out and I wasn’t sure if it was for copyright issues or they no longer were selling it included but it does indeed come with the insignia. Overall it’s just black ABS plastic so nothing special but it does work to give you more organization in the bin without dumping everything into one compartment and it has a pass through for your USB cable. It does cut down the length of the main tray because of the two smaller change bins so if you have a longer phone like my iPhone X you have to lay the phone along the top so the cable has some room to plug in but it sits fine like shown in my photos.

Overall for $15 I can’t see too much to complain about and the Quad insignia is a nice touch and even though it’s kinda hidden away it’s nice to see it there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I found another one on Amazon that looks like it is partitioned differently.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah these seem to be a popular accessory with many different types out there.

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you have a thumb drive inserted in the USB, will the tray interfere with it? The thumb drive that I use is a lot longer than the connector on a USB cable.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The front edge above the USB ports is the shallowest and the tray isn’t very deep overall so I don’t think it would interfere with a thumb drive sticking out of the port. I’ll throw one in there for you to check it out and report back...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Jerry,
I got the same organized for my stelvio. I was wondering, where did you get the red key fob for your ar fob? I quite like that and it'd look great with my red stel!

I saw some of the armrest bin organizers other members posted from eBay and elsewhere but came across this one on Amazon for $15 shipped Prime. It comes with two removable rubber mats with a nice Quadrifoglio insignia on the larger mat. The listing showed the logo all pixelated out and I wasn’t sure if it was for copyright issues or they no longer were selling it included but it does indeed come with the insignia. Overall it’s just black ABS plastic so nothing special but it does work to give you more organization in the bin without dumping everything into one compartment and it has a pass through for your USB cable. It does cut down the length of the main tray because of the two smaller change bins so if you have a longer phone like my iPhone X you have to lay the phone along the top so the cable has some room to plug in but it sits fine like shown in my photos.

Overall for $15 I can’t see too much to complain about and the Quad insignia is a nice touch and even though it’s kinda hidden away it’s nice to see it there.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If you have a thumb drive inserted in the USB, will the tray interfere with it? The thumb drive that I use is a lot longer than the connector on a USB cable.
Ok so I put the longest thumb drive I could find into the socket and put and old iPhone 5, small enough to fit in the bin, in there and and recorded the before and after with the drive in there and bin placed on top. It seems to clear it by a good margin in the front and slowly gets closer to the bottom of the tray because of the angle of the USB panel and the tray converging but still has some room for a little longer drive but If you had a significantly longer USB drive you might get some interference. There does seems to be some play in the socket itself so I don’t think it would be a problem for most drives. Attached are photos of the drive plugged in without the bin overhead and with it place and a photo of the drive next to the fob for scale...

Also of note: the 12v recepticle clears the bin too but if you have something plugged in the hinged cover needs to be left perpendicular to the socket and not flipped all the way up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jerry,
I got the same organized for my stelvio. I was wondering, where did you get the red key fob for your ar fob? I quite like that and it'd look great with my red stel!
You can get them online from mopar directly or even your dealer can order them for you. They come in both the red and white tricoat colors and the comp red is an exact match for the car’s paint. They are overpriced at $55 for sure but come in a nice gift box and the glossy paint is really a nice look but maybe a little too nice because I’m afraid to scratch the thing now lol I’ve attached a photo of the box albeit with the standard black cover in the box..

Maybe I should start another thread on the fob... I thought these things were more common

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ok so I put the longest thumb drive I could find into the socket and put and old iPhone 5, small enough to fit in the bin, in there and and recorded the before and after with the drive in there and bin placed on top. It seems to clear it by a good margin in the front and slowly gets closer to the bottom of the tray because of the angle of the USB panel and the tray converging but still has some room for a little longer drive but If you had a significantly longer USB drive you might get some interference. There does seems to be some play in the socket itself so I don’t think it would be a problem for most drives. Attached are photos of the drive plugged in without the bin overhead and with it place and a photo of the drive next to the fob for scale...

Also of note: the 12v recepticle clears the bin too but if you have something plugged in the hinged cover needs to be left perpendicular to the socket and not flipped all the way up.
That was a very thorough answer to my question! Thank you.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
These are all nice ways of increasing usefulness, the only issue as I see it is opening the lid with the coins dropped in the cover....I'm assuming there is no direct retention for the coins (like indivdual grippy slots).......So, although they all stand side by side like good foot soldiers, a flip of the lid is not very practical if the coin segment is full.....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
OK, I am sold, I ordered one thanks Jerry!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
These are all nice ways of increasing usefulness, the only issue as I see it is opening the lid with the coins dropped in the cover....I'm assuming there is no direct retention for the coins (like indivdual grippy slots).......So, although they all stand side by side like good foot soldiers, a flip of the lid is not very practical if the coin segment is full.....
You are correct the coins aren't retained in any way. I think it is more made to be picked up and moved over, not flipped up as you say. It has tabs to hold it in the mouth of the bin opening which don't really lend themselves well to being flipped up anyway. I think the whole point of these things is to have a place for some coins, or other small items, and your phone to sit nicely at hand for everyday use and keep other less often accessed objects below to avoid having it all dumped into the whole bin. Your phone, change and whatever other stuff you keep in the center bin would be much more of an issue all dropped in there. Also keep in mind the back of the bin on the car itself has a space for some change too so you can keep the coins outside of the bin and use the aftermarket tray for other things.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah they all add a little more utility to the center bin. I ended up puttting some black moleskin around the edges and in the coin slot area to make it completely rattle free. It didn’t make a huge noise but creaked occasionally and if the change wasn’t packed in tightly it clacked around.

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Reactions: Boo2boy

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce (MY19) - 1973 C110 Skyline - 1977 Datsun 810 SSS - 1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
311 Posts
So it would look like these bins from Amazon are on a super special at the moment.

Unfortunately they wont ship to me in Australia.

Would anyone be interested in sending one downunder for me?

They are about $80AUD to buy from Amazon Australia

1 - 17 of 17 Posts