Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
161 - 180 of 308 Posts
Discussion starter · #161 ·
I'll stick to F1. After more than 40 years closely following it, I won't quit. But, this year has been painful. Not only because of the fucking Covid19 but, watching every week the Ferrari's and the Alfa Romeo's fighting for the last places of the group is something that I'm not used to. I've seen bad years in F1 but this one is particularly frustrating. At least, they are all consistent within Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and HAAS, all finishing always together in the bottom 8, or whatever. Great to see Ricciardo finishing 3rd today (very well deserved). Lucky Hamilton, once again, with Bottas out. Can't wait for the 2022 season (I am reading that next year will be similar to this one).

I'm sorry Michael isn't available to be quoted on having his record tied.

F1 is def. in transition. Many unanswered questions from drivers to engines to teams.
I doubt you will see FORD or GM (Chevy) enter the F1 fray for engine building UNLESS the engine rules leave Forced Induction (go back to V8 N/A?) and we know that's not happening. My fear is that F1 goes more hybrid almost full on E-Racing. If that happens then you will see teams drop. The biggest issue with F1 has been the ever climbing rate of pay to play. Team costs are tremendous!, I don;t see how teams other than Renault, Ferrari, Mercedes, can continually increase budgets. Red Bull even commented earlier in the season, "we really don't need to be in F1" it does not impact our business.
It would be nice if they dialed back the technology(=big $$$), then you would see engine builders like Cosworth be able to jump back in and give mid-pack teams more options

Unlucky for bot once again, but an exciting race none the less.

Way to go ric!

What was exciting about it?

What made it a good race to watch? All of the mid-pack passing! Hamilton is charmed. If in fact one makes his own luck, then he is the best at it. Is he a great driver, absolutely. Is he the best of the 20, maybe. But by far, in the last few years, he is the luckiest. Also, the drivers are all given 3 letter name abbreviations. BOT, HAM, VER, LEC, VET, etc. No reason not to use them.

Reactions: Avnyc11
What made it a good race to watch? All of the mid-pack passing! Hamilton is charmed. If in fact one makes his own luck, then he is the best at it. Is he a great driver, absolutely. Is he the best of the 20, maybe. But by far, in the last few years, he is the luckiest. Also, the drivers are all given 3 letter name abbreviations. BOT, HAM, VER, LEC, VET, etc. No reason not to use them.
He is lucky in that he is in the fastest car on the track. The Mercedes are pacing a couple seconds ahead and flat out faster on the straight. No question that he is a legendary driver but the way F1 is designed, he's almost guaranteed a win every race. He will always be in the front of the grid because they have a very fast car. As long as nothing gets in his way, he'll build distance and time between the nearest competitor and get another win. When he got penalized in Russia, he still manage a podium. The Mercedes can overtake anyone presently.

In contrast, Ferrari has been making some headway and those with Ferrari power plants have suffered all season but seem to be making headway again. It was nice to see some points last weekend but we definitely don't have the speed we need to get to the top of the midfield.

The color on that car though. Looked good. And the matching seatbelts. Why can't they offer that in the US

Reactions: Papa Gallo
161 - 180 of 308 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.