Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

141 - 160 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I heard great things about the annoucement today from the F1 broadcasters during Practice #2. It sounds like Domenicali has not only a great experience in F1 but, also business wise as well as great carisma. Hope he can overwrite the FIA's secret decision on the Ferrari power-unit at the end of last year !!!!!. Today's results were another disaster. Maybe the Ferrari's will be top 10 in Q3 tomorrow. Let's see.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,510 Posts
Lets hope he can bring back the glamour to Formula 1 like the beautiful grid girls

and Bring back Maurizio -

Maurizio, Marboro and the Marlboro grid girls would make me happy

"Hi Papa"

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0-gJ8ykdiLE/T5A_whmn5fI/AAAAAAAABSo/4wnt9mObWoM/s1600/Grid+Girls+Marlboro+PVC+Rouge.jpg

Yes!! Hi girls :)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Enjoyably race today with a fair amount of drama. Welcome change

Reactions: Giuliano

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Agree. It was enjoyable. Very good for Bottas. That other guy needs to finally understand that he needs to follow the rules, if he doesn't want to get penalized. I would stop putting those fake barriers in the safety areas and just ask the drivers to get back the spots they got because of going through them. It was great to see the Alfa Romeo's for more than 15 seconds on the TV during the whole race. It was extremelly sad to see, once again, how bad the Ferrari's pace is, even the surprising P6 by Leclerc. Good for him, too.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Scooter whingeing like a spoilt child when told the news of his penalty, claiming he has special needs and trying to blame everyone else in his team (in stark contrast to his contrived thanking his team any other time) compared to Daniello simply accepting it and saying "well i just need to go faster" was, as always another sporting low point and is my Whinge Of The Week

they want to rid the grid of grid girls because it sends the wrong signal, but they let some spoilt brat whinge like a girl any time things dont go his way ... not a good look for the kids, Scooter, not even ...

Good result for Leclerc, and Michael's record stands

forza Ferrari
forza Alfa Romeo

forza Michael

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
440 Posts
Scooter whingeing like a spoilt child when told the news of his penalty, claiming he has special needs and trying to blame everyone else in his team (in stark contrast to his contrived thanking his team any other time) compared to Daniello simply accepting it and saying "well i just need to go faster" was, as always another sporting low point and is my Whinge Of The Week

they want to rid the grid of grid girls because it sends the wrong signal, but they let some spoilt brat whinge like a girl any time things dont go his way ... not a good look for the kids, Scooter, not even ...

Good result for Leclerc, and Michael's record stands

forza Ferrari
forza Alfa Romeo

forza Michael
In Hamilton's defense, he did radio the team to ask if it was alright prior to doing the practice starts. The team said it was fine to do them which is why Hamilton is not getting any points added to his license and the team is getting fined instead.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
according to the transcripts it was all his idea ... he wanted to go where there was no rubber, and found lame excuses to do so ... then pushed it on to "his team" when it went pear shaped

he never once admitted it was he who asked to start there, just that Bono just said yeah, and he probably said yeah just to shut him up ... is how i see it :)

Lewis Hamilton's penalty points rescinded by Russian GP stewards

Radio communication between Hamilton and Peter Bonnington, his race engineer, aired on the world TV feed revealed Hamilton had asked if he could move further along the pit exit lane after initially stopping in the area that had designated for practice starts by the FIA.

Lewis Hamilton: "It's all rubber here, can I go further out?"
Bonnngton: "Affirm."
Hamilton: "To the end of the pit wall?"
Bonnington: "Yeah, copy. Try and leave enough room for cars to get past."

Hamilton therefore moved further down the slip road, contravening the race directors' notes which stated that "drivers should have made their practice starts as 'defined as the place "on the right hand side" after the pit exit lights (and is not part of the track as defined by lines).'"

he set his engineer up and then threw him under the bus
and then goes and snatches the equipment reserved for the 1st place getter

a pelutant little spoilt brat ... the prosecution rests its case :)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
can i start before everyone else starts ?
yeah sure
what now ?
yeah go for it, get in there Lewis

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Turns to his caddy ... "Can i move my ball out of the bunker, its all sandy there, "
Yeah sure
"With my hand? I cant get a good shot at it where it is"
Go for it Scooter,

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Mick Schumacher to practice for Alfa Romeo at German GP

Schumacher Jr to make F1 Grand Prix appearance

if he secures the F2 championship it would be a worthy promotion to the top grade and not because of his famous name although i would like all three to remain at Alfa

will be watching with keen interest
If Kimi decides to retire, the GIO - Mick would be a great potential combination for Alfa Romeo F1 2021.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Honda have announced they will withdraw from Formula 1 at the end of the 2021 season. So, what’s next for both Red Bull and Alpha Tauri in 2022?. Power Units from Ferrari, Mercedes or Renault? What about a Ford Power Unit? Or what about the Chevrolet fourth-generation IndyCar engine formula, a 900hp V6-twin-turbo engine with hybrid technology (multi-phase motor, inverter, and electric storage device that will create energy recovery from the car's braking system). Would E85 Ethanol be a barrier for them in F1? Honda will produce them too so, would that be a Honda come back to F1 in 2023?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
An interesting graph I saw this morning on TV while waiting for the Practice#2 to start. Alfa Romeo the best Team on car development from a season progress in average time gained/lost point of view. That's nice (yes, I know. The starting point was really low and there was no way to lose anything).

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
at least the broadcaster spelled Alfa right
they need to add a one to the left of the decimal point
almost a second is good progress though

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Honda have announced they will withdraw from Formula 1 at the end of the 2021 season. So, what’s next for both Red Bull and Alpha Tauri in 2022?. Power Units from Ferrari, Mercedes or Renault? What about a Ford Power Unit? Or what about the Chevrolet fourth-generation IndyCar engine formula, a 900hp V6-twin-turbo engine with hybrid technology (multi-phase motor, inverter, and electric storage device that will create energy recovery from the car's braking system). Would E85 Ethanol be a barrier for them in F1? Honda will produce them too so, would that be a Honda come back to F1 in 2023?
One reason Red Bull left Renault and went with Honda was they were not allowed to modify the OEM Renault engine, they had to race with what Renault gave them - Honda on the other hand were not so fussy and allowed them to modify and tweak
One theory i heard suggests they may buy the engine outright and develop and tune it as long as Honda approve of that - I cant see why they wont just sell them the engine and be done with it
Its a temporary solution but one that may allow them to keep Vestappen if his contract is tied into an engine supplier or if he has an escape clause that gets triggered by any major disruptions like a non competitive engine supplier

141 - 160 of 205 Posts