Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
201 - 220 of 308 Posts
Discussion starter · #202 ·
Kimi thinks he is still driving the Giulia GTAm

I can't open your video but, I saw it in both YouTube and Facebook yesterday night (and live on TV during the race). It was amazing to see Kimi going from P16 to P6 in 1.5 laps. It was great while it lasted (7 laps) !!!!!!

I'm really starting to wonder if LeClarc has a qualifying engine mode that other Ferrari cars do not have. Look at practice and Q1 and Seb and LeC are within a couple tenths of a second usually. Then suddenly in Q2 and Q3 LeC times pick up massively... Only for his race pace to be pretty mid pack and on par with Seb (accounting for traffic).

It's not uncommon for F1 teams to hide upgrades from drivers leaving to protect intellectual property. A drive mode is easier to hide then an aero package.

In context Mercedes is known for their qualifying party mode and always pick up massive speed on Q3. Honda and Renault cars show none of that ability.

Discussion starter · #204 ·
What a big problem this Hamilton guy is facing. Sign a contract for 3 years at $55M/yr or be hurt by the F1 Teams plans to cap driver salaries to $30M/yr from 2023 on. So, he is in a sudden race against the clock to sign a $165M contract (to be respected by law after 2022) or be hurt, by the unfair and evil Team Owners with a $140M contract. Really? And he needs to act fast if he wants to continue to add as extravagantly as he wishes to his $340M fortune. And the worst part of this news is that he is currently earning $48M/yr, about the same as the incompetent and loser of Vettel. Amazing. All Lives Matter !!!!!!

Discussion starter · #205 ·
I'm really starting to wonder if LeClarc has a qualifying engine mode that other Ferrari cars do not have. Look at practice and Q1 and Seb and LeC are within a couple tenths of a second usually. Then suddenly in Q2 and Q3 LeC times pick up massively... Only for his race pace to be pretty mid pack and on par with Seb (accounting for traffic).

It's not uncommon for F1 teams to hide upgrades from drivers leaving to protect intellectual property. A drive mode is easier to hide then an aero package.

In context Mercedes is known for their qualifying party mode and always pick up massive speed on Q3. Honda and Renault cars show none of that ability.
I think that under the amount of struggle and pressure that Ferrari is this year, they would be super happy to see both drivers qualifying in second or third row, instead of seeing one of their cars constantly out in Q1 or Q2. I think that Vettel is not doing his job and I can't understand how he is not concerned to see how a rocky is outracing him, all the time, for the past 2 years. In any case, he will be gone in a couple of months and I hope that is 2021, Ferrari will come back to be the #2 Team.

Alfa Romeo and Sauber Motorsport will join forces once again for the 2021 Formula One World Championship.

The partnership started in 2018 when Alfa Romeo joined the team as title sponsor. The past two years, the team has scored hard-earned points in both the driver and constructor championships, battling for a top eight finish in 2020.

“Racing and performance are at the core of Alfa Romeo’s DNA. The brand was practically born on a racetrack, and today we continue to compete at the most technologically advanced level of motorsports," said Mike Manley, FCA CEO. "The partnership with Sauber also allows our customers to benefit from exclusive racing know-how, as it is the case of the all-new Giulia GTA and GTAm, which incorporate Sauber’s technical input particularly as it relates to advanced aerodynamics.”

Alfa Romeo will celebrate this announcement and pay tribute to all the fans of Italian racing cars by displaying an exclusive livery in the C39 race car at Sunday's Imola Grand Prix.

Designed by Centro Stile, the livery will display the Italian flag in a straight flash on the upper section of the engine cover and on the rear wing end plate, blending into the theme of the 2020 “speed pixel” livery with its linear and dynamic graphic treatment.

The exclusive logo for the 110th anniversary of Alfa Romeo appears in a prominent position also on the engine cover alongside the wording, “Welcome back, Imola,” recognizing the circuit’s position as one of the most iconic on the tour and as one of the greatest Italian tracks.

Discussion starter · #207 ·
I was searching for the two practice rounds results today when I realized that this weekend’s race did not have Friday’s practices. And let’s remember that this Sunday, the clocks will change 1hr back and the race will start at 13:10 local time, rather than the ‘traditional’ 14:10 Central European time.

Its a wonder Scooter didnt scoot up to the stewards and demand the race be called off due to Corona - like he did at Melbourne

Imola F1 race to run without fans after government order

amongst all the characteristical insanity that is Italy, sanity prevailed

we have a saying - "chi si alza prima, commanda" - "whoever is first to rise, is the boss"
looks like Scooter slept in

Discussion starter · #211 ·
Trivia Time - who has led more than 700 laps of Formula One, but never won a race ?
Bernd Mayländer. He is in his 19th Formula One season and has spent more than 700 laps in front of some who have often said over the radio that he was going too slow !!!!!!

Dear Seb

This is how we will screw you this week. We are going to make you drive 3/4 of the race on medium tires. You will think you have a solid chance at points. Then our plan will kick into action! We are going to pit you, take a year and a half to put on your tires.... Oh, and did I mention we will put on HARD tires for the last stint. You know, why not!. Hahahahaha. Things will get crazy a few laps later and just when you are on the verge of points again - we are going to pit your ass again!!!!! Bwahahahaha!!!! You were 5 second clear of Kimi before our strategy played out and you then finished 5 spots behind him.

Your welcome.

Discussion starter · #215 · (Edited)
Could not watch the race this morning. Was off the news all Sunday long just waiting to 7pmET on ESPN to watch the replay. Well, they are broadcasting some freaking boxing fights so, had no option than log-in into Formula1.com. Very nice to see Leclerc finishing 5th bringing some good points to Ferrari. Also nice to see the P9 and P10 of Alfa Romeo, finally both cars in the points. The loser (Vettel), not able to go into Q3 yesterday (as usual) and outraced by Leclerc in the race (as usual). I do not buy that theory of the Team screwing him up with bad tires strategy. No way Ferrari prefers to screw him up with wrong tires strategies and lose key points in the constructors standings (which by the way, is big money for the Team). If Vettel would have done a similar job as Leclerc during the season, Ferrari would be third in the standings at 170 points now. And as for Hamilton goes, I am forecasting that with all what is going on these days in the world, he will be a candidate for the UK First Minister position pretty soon and I think that he will win.

Discussion starter · #216 ·
The graphs below show (in percentage to pole position) the average of the field, the Ferrari’s and the Red Bull’s relative to Mercedes. Interesting to see the filed closing the GAP since Hungary but, Ferrari was not improving until Germany. On the other hand, Red Bull showing big improvements since the race in the UK.

Discussion starter · #217 ·
Grande Leclerc today in practices at only an 0.4sec GAP to the top. Once again, much better than the loser (no tires strategy excuses) who is showing an inclusion/diversity helmet this week end. Alfa Romeo's very slow and it does not look promising. Let's see how the Q's and the race go. Forza !!!!!

Talk about going out with a whimper.

Reactions: Giuliano
Reactions: Giuliano
Discussion starter · #220 ·
Big surprises in today's Q's !!!. Evidently the rain and the wet track helped more than one. Both Alfa Romeo's in Q3 was the nicest one. After yesterday's practices, it's really a step forward. The loser ahead of Leclerc, that's impressive for a 4-time champion. The pink-Mercedes really impressive on intermediate tires and the best of all, Hamilton in the back of the top 10. Looking forward to a massive cars spin in turn 1 after the start tomorrow to see how Hamilton will survive that.

201 - 220 of 308 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.