Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, we heard mostly of the things wrong with the Giulia.......
Is there any Alfa Romeo Giulia owner out there who is completely satisfied with their purchase?
As a future owner (my '18 QV is on order) I would like to hear from the rest of you who didn't have issues with the car......
I am betting the ones with no issues are the silent majority who are out there enjoying their vehicle instead of complaining on an internet forum....... but I could be wrong......

Thank you for your inputs!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I'm in love with my 67 and 74 Giulia coupes.
My 86 Giulia Spider is great, too.
;)

Reactions: Alfa in Vegas

·
Registered
73 Posts
95% Satisfied. My issues are more design quirks (e.g. auto seat travel, adaptive dampers too softly tuned, Ti under-tired). No fault codes, failures, etc.

Reactions: Alfa in Vegas

·
Registered
343 Posts
My Giulia Ti w/ 19" sports package, sunroof, HK stereo with nav, is absolutely fantastic. Got her in Feb and now have 1800 miles on her. I had one stall issue in my driveway. Took it too the dealer and they did the update right away, while I waited. No issues since that day. Nothing is 100% perfect, but this car is **** close. Issues I have with it are 1st World problems (cupholder to small, radio not loud enough) but as far as the drivability of this car, there is nothing like it!! This is my second Alfa Romeo. Also had a 1991 Spider Veloce that I got rid of when I got the Giulia (AlfaAndy's shop took care of it for me when I lived in PA) and it was also a fantastic car here in Nevada. The Giulia is the only car I was willing to part with the Spider for...I had been driving it as my daily driver for the last 2 years, without A/C in Las Vegas!! That's how much I liked my Spider. And the Giulia is even better!! And, I'll be honest. I like the looks I get driving it...I like answering questions about it...I like that it's rare and unique. Hope that helps to show you, that yes, there are also very satisfied Giulia owners out there - that we are all not suffering from the "1st year, it's an Italian car, gremlins".

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
Those most satisfied are out driving theirs.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am extremely satisfied with my QV.
Are there some tweaks or improvements I would like - sure.
- Car Play
- enable traffic to the Nav
- disable start/stop to last default
- get rid of delay with full throttle
- smooth out drive by wire brakes
But all in all - this car brings passion and I want to drive it all the time.
The looks, lots of areas of attention to detail, Ferrari managed engineering, Italian creativity throughout - make it a vehicle for a car guy.

And yes, I am a car guy...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Those most satisfied are out driving theirs.
Couldn't agree more with this statement!

In my first couple weeks of ownership I totally stopped signing on here, and was out making every excuse to drive everywhere I could. Pretty amazing experience thus far and no issues.

Already planning on hitting Lime Rock some time in August or September and can't wait for all the goodies in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ha, well I'm 80 miles in, but so far 99.99% satisfied.

My only beefs are the auto back driver seat (the only way I know to override it is to tap the seat forward control as soon as you turn off the car) and the auto start/stop always coming on when you start the car. Small price to pay I guess for a car this beautiful inside and out. Oh, and it drives nice.

·
Registered
658 Posts
BostonDMD thanks for starting this thread. I've got a bit over 2,200 miles on my Giulia Q2 Ti and I'm completely happy with my purchase.
There are definitely software tweaks I would like to see made. There may be mods I will make down the road and the vendors on the forum are posting interesting options. But the more I drive the Giulia the less the little things bug me.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,016 Posts
Lately, we heard mostly of the things wrong with the Giulia.......
Is there any Alfa Romeo Giulia owner out there who is completely satisfied with their purchase?
As a future owner (my '18 QV is on order) I would like to hear from the rest of you who didn't have issues with the car......
I am betting the ones with no issues are the silent majority who are out there enjoying their vehicle instead of complaining on an internet forum....... but I could be wrong......

Thank you for your inputs!
i would never regard myself as silent, lol but i find time to enjoy my car as well

I spend my time trying to help new owners or to show off my own car, 7000 kilometres and everything works perfectly and above expectation, no ongoing problems ... other Aussie owners report the same

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
To the OP.

Unfortunate to hear you feel this way but more than anything it's the media making you feel this way. The complaints on this forum and on the news are nothing close to airbags killing people and cars running people over by depressing the gas pedal. Are there things wrong with the car? Of course there are but you have to also understand this is the first year on the Giorgio platform and a full "reboot" as a car period for Alfa. If you give me a green light to complain about various German cars I have owned over the years from Mini Coopers to Audi S4, I will need a pizza and a few drinks to go along with it, not to mention a box of oil in the trunk "just in case". These German cars were also not "1st gen".

Now I do have a little bit of a bias because I don't actually have one in my hands but i have driven several over the last few months including a QV and I have also "borrowed" one from a dealer for a about a week. The only thing I can complain about was the PSI levels on the tires, they were still at 55psi vs. the 35psi recommended. Judging from what I read on the forum, I guess I was lucky.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very happy 3 weeks and 400 miles in. My only real issues with my Ti Q2 19 Sport are small:
- CarPlay
- lag on hard exceluration
- brake by wire issue

But this car is more fun than anything in its class and I have not had any of problems found throughout this forum.

619 Posts
Yes absolutely. 100%

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Even with what I went through I would not hesitate to buy another!
One of the best cars I've ever owned for sheer driving pleasure
Last car that did that for me I still own!
I would just have bought it from a different dealer for the service aspect
In fact going to look at and hopefully drive a Stelvio Ti Sport on Monday��

1 - 20 of 53 Posts