Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Alfaheads!

I am a newbie here, but could not wait to post/ask this as soon as I nearly had a heart attack on the day I was to drive my new Alfa home:

I just came back from our Burlingame dealer here in NorCal (Northern California), and from ordering all option Quad to its very arrival he led me all the way up to the buyer desk and never mentioned a word if one penny over the 84k sticker; then "oh yeah, by the way we are charging a $25k dealer surcharge, so it'll actually end of being $109k, just ta-let-ya know".

WTF Alfa? So dumb!!! Ciao!!

I am an avid gearhead and motorcyclist of 36 years, and when on 4 wheels have been an Audi-man enthusiast (03' RS6 was my first), and have had Italian motorcycles (and luv'm esp exhaust notes), and the smile and pure adrenaline excitement for the Quadrifoglio has been palpable to say the least!

But this Jeep-Chrysler (heard rumors of this crap before with them with certain SRT's etc) bilking of new customers on a new brand is criminal! The MSRP is nearly $90k, and they are actually allowing this in establishing a new brand in the US blows me away completely?!

I called a few other dealers, and two more said it just like this, totally blase and nonchalantly, "well yah, other dealers are doing it . . so we are too".

Are all of you Quadrifoglio owners all paying/encountering this???

And does anybody know where I could go in the US to order (don't care if I wait) a fully loaded (CF seats etc.) Quad without this ridiculous fee?

Thank you all!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Must be a left coast thing.

Reactions: 407Guy and MDriver

·
Registered
124 Posts
Greetings Alfaheads!

I am a newbie here, but could not wait to post/ask this as soon as I nearly had a heart attack on the day I was to drive my new Alfa home:

I just came back from our Burlingame dealer here in NorCal (Northern California), and from ordering all option Quad to its very arrival he led me all the way up to the buyer desk and never mentioned a word if one penny over the 84k sticker; then "oh yeah, by the way we are charging a $25k dealer surcharge, so it'll actually end of being $109k, just ta-let-ya know".

I am an avid gearhead and motorcyclist of 36 years, and when on 4 wheels have been an Audi-man enthusiast (03' RS6 was my first), and have had Italian motorcycles (and luv'm esp exhaust notes), and the smile and pure adrenaline excitement for the Quadrifoglio has been palpable to say the least!

But this Jeep-Chrysler (heard rumors of this crap before with them with certain SRT's etc) bilking of new customers on a new brand is criminal! The MSRP is nearly $90k, and they are actually allowing this in establishing a new brand in the US blows me away completely?!

I called a few other dealers, and two more said it just like this, totally blase and nonchalantly, "well yah, other dealers are doing it . . so we are too".

And does anybody know where I could go in the US to order (don't care if I wait) a fully loaded (CF seats etc.) Quad without this ridiculous fee?

Thank you all!
In Houston some dealers charge $10k over sticker, I think Alfa Clearlake will let you order one AT sticker.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine in Texas tried to add 10K and I bargained down to only $3K over sticker. There were only 2 for sale in all of the DFW area. So I had to take it or leave it.

·
Registered
'19 Giulia QV (Rosso Comp, Black/Red interior, Sparcos)
124 Posts
I paid MSRP. Our dealer has at least 2 unsold QV's at their store. The dealership I ordered from also has an unsold QV at MSRP on their lot.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Greetings Alfaheads!

Thank you all!

In a word NO.....you walked into the wrong dealer Pal. I paid MSRP on a Launch Car...which is what I expected...I don't know of anyone on this board who paid more than the MSRP....
one member actually paid under by about 3-4k if I recall...maybe @mc3456 can refresh...
If you really want one...visit another dealer.
Best of Luck!
Regards
M

·
Registered
261 Posts
Greetings Alfaheads!
That's utter rubbish. In fact, when I went to the Burlingame dealer (in April), he told me he *couldn't* order a Qdrfgl... that he could only sell whatever Alfa shipped him. So I left and never went back.

The Santa Clara dealer is playing games, too. He told me on the phone that he had a Qdrfgl I could test drive. So I drove down there only to find that he didn't have a Qdrfgl yet.... it is on the way right now, and if I'd like to wait a couple of hours, it should arrive on the truck later. No thanks. But as long as I'm here, can I at least test drive a regular Giulia? No, sorry, the only one we have right now is in the show room, and we're not going to pull it out.

However, I finally found that the San Francisco dealer not only could order a Qdrfgl to my specifications, but he also had one that I could test drive. Yay. So I ordered my Qdrfgl from him and I'm getting it for MSRP, no more, no less. I did try to talk him down a little, and he wouldn't budge, and then said that he could have charged me $5000 over MSRP, so I should be happy to get MSRP. Yes, I am happy.

Now, when the car finally arrives and I go to pick it up... If I'm told there will be a dealer premium added, I will absolutely blow a gasket.

·
Registered
183 Posts
One dealer tried to charge me $5000 over MSRP, but then I was able to purchase at MSRP. I think the days of paying over MSRP should be over. Lots of QVs on the way.

Northside Imports Houston will sell for MSRP. Tell them you are on this forum.

What are you looking for? Interior and exterior color, wheels, options, seats and brakes.

Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your advice and feedback! Truly appreciated!

As us 'Fornians' are used to some odd dealer funny-bizness sometimes here, the ever so calm plain talking to me as if $109k was just normal for an $84k MSRp'd car fueled my pistol pretty quickly here, and between you'all and you sound input, and some dealer calling around (in CA and out of state) I have now confirmed the Fornian funnystuff is indeed a state affair!

Not sure if they all attend some secret CA dealer meeting where they plan this crap, but it aint doing Alfa any good out here, and add to that these lame little Fiat dealerships (versus Audi/Merc/Maserati level of dealer caliber) giving us the ol 'okie-doke' screwjob in a new Alfa Romeo experience that has little established or behind its raw newness and feeling otherwise, and it just felt like the worst business handshake -- to a very excited hand -- that I have ever felt or encountered in my lifetime.

Thanks again everyone, I still have not given up on my having a new Tricoat Red with Carbon seats in my garage in the coming months!

Cheers,

J

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,

I am in California, and am looking to fly-and-buy myself a FULLY optioned brand new (10 miles or less) Quadrifoglio with precisely the following options.

As in ALL of these specific features:

- Rosso Tri-coat
- Sparko carbon fiber seats
- Ceramic brakes w - Yellow(1) or Red(2) Brembo calipers
- All electronics packages available
- HK audio
- Dark 5-hole wheels
- Red and black leather interior

Cheers!

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
692 Posts
I'm pretty surprised by this behavior! I would have thought they would have written up something at the time of the order showing your final price, and showing receipt of your deposit.

Obviously dealers are free to charge whatever they want, and customers who know the facts can decide to either buy or not buy. What I really take issue with here is that they wasted your time, and didn't reveal the markup until the end. You could have spent the entire time the car was being built either enjoying a car that you found to your specifications or searching for another one.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Carlsbad Ca

Prior to picking up my Quad, I had found one in Carlsbad, Ca and they wanted $10 K above sticker...add to that the shipping to NY (enclosed at least $2200) and I refused....went to my local dealer and ordered what I wanted and waited.....wasn't too bad of a wait...and now it's in the garage....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Alfaholico! Big congrats on yours, and many thanks! That makes me feel mucho better! As I never even considered that they would/could truly order one to spec (the dealers just keep talking as if "we only get what we get -- if we're lucky" then screw us here in Ca ehh? Wow!); so how long did you end up waiting for it? What was your deposite (if you don't mind sharing your experience)? Thanks again! J

·
Registered
576 Posts
In a word NO.....you walked into the wrong dealer Pal. I paid MSRP on a Launch Car...which is what I expected...I don't know of anyone on this board who paid more than the MSRP....
one member actually paid under by about 3-4k if I recall...maybe @mc3456 can refresh...
If you really want one...visit another dealer.
Best of Luck!
Regards
M
I paid $2,095 off MSRP in mid-February, but I'll cut you a deal and accept only $20K over sticker.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Greetings Alfaheads!

Thank you all!
I think your most succinct and eloquent response to the dealer is "Vaffunculo!". They'll understand your feelings!

Reactions: MDriver
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.