Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SCDA Track Day Event - Discounted for Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, and FIAT drivers
Open to all experience levels
SCDA- Lime Rock Park- Track Day Event- April 17th

We kind of need to make this happen. I'm already signed up.
April 17th is a Monday and perhaps school vacation week for some. Plenty of notice to score some brownie points with the significant other or bring the family like I intend to.

EDIT: Helmet rentals will be available.

Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Hood

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so for alfa owners, it's $359?
price is not bad at all for LMP.
just too far tho. 2hr each way.
it doesn't mention start/finish time and how long each sessions are.
i'll mark it on my calendar but i also need new set of tires if i plan to go so we'll see.
Price depends on your experience level and if you register before 3/17/23, $599 if you are a novice then subtract the $40 discount.
  • Lime Rock Park full day entry fee is $399 until 3/17/23
  • Novice entry fee is $599 and includes In car Instruction, Virtual Classroom, Corner Observers, Instructor Lead-Shadow upon request
I'm coming from Boston and its a little over 3 hours each way for me... Let's make it happen. Would be pretty cool to have a big turn out.

4 sessions on track, sessions are usually ~20 minutes

I assume the track gates will open around 7 and drivers meeting a little after 8 along with tech inspection.

I expect the schedule may be somewhat fluid depending on the turnout.

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last time I went to LRP was pre pandemic. I was in the novice group. I went with Becca and it was 350 for the day. Plus inspection and insurance, so 1200 🤣. Isn't 599 pricey then?
There are definitely cheaper alternatives available. Last spring I paid $300 for novice group at Palmer with a different organization.

In my experience SCDA is extremely organized, well run and great instruction. So the extra money has been worth it to me.

If we get a good turnout this could be a really cool event.

I'm already signed up so I'll definitely be there

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jus disposed 245/40/19 re-11 worn past wear bar on 2 out or 4 and put winters on.
my winters are probably on last season as well.
mostly going to be summer street use with few track/auto-x here and there.
another tire i'm considering is advan neova ad09 which has very few reviews.

everything including this event boils down to how i'm financially in march next year that i can justify spending on event + helmet + tires.
i know i need new tires regardless but heltmet + event cost + fuel/meal/misc adds up at least 1k on top of tires.
I definitely hear you on managing costs. Last year my wife bought me a track experience at Lime Rock for my birthday. It was my first track event in a few years so I had to buy all new equipment, helmet, hans, gloves, maintenance / mods. That also turned into 4 other track events. I plan on getting my moneys worth now! :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's only 70 miles from my home so it's a very attractive idea. As I'm a motorcycle rider my helmet is absolutely up to date so no extra expenses there. I just need to verify that tracking the car doesn't potentially void my 8 year/100,000 mile Max Care plan. I'm going to make a written inquiry and report what I'm told.
Everyone, please read the FAQ, Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. You need a SA2015 or newer helmet, this will be checked during tech inspection. I'd recommend a SA2020 at this point, if you need to buy a new one. Note, they call out a few suppliers below but use whatever vendor that's convenient for you as long as it meets the spec. I've bought a lot of stuff from Racing Gear & Safety Equipment | Winding Road Racing in addition to HMS since they have a store near me.

==

What Safety Equipment Do I Need? What should I wear?
Safety Equipment and Dress Code
The Sports Car Driving Association’s number one priority is safety. There are certain types of clothing and safety gear that are more appropriate when driving at speed on a racetrack. Before heading to the track, make sure you have packed the right equipment.

Helmet Requirements for all SCDA events.

Helmets with a SA-2015 or SA-2020 rating are REQUIRED for all SCDA Events
Helmets with an M-rating are not Acceptable. Motorcycle helmets do not have the proper safety requirements for car use, specifically a rollbar multi-impact test.
Helmets MUST have one of these two labels on the inside.

Helmet Suppliers:

Dress Code:
  • Long sleeve shirts are suggested
  • Long pants are required
  • Driving Shoes/ Sneakers (no boots or open toe shoes)
  • Driving Gloves are suggest
  • No tank tops
  • Proper Head and Neck restraint system is HIGHLY encouraged
  • If driving a competition car, a flameproof suit and other gear is required at some tracks

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Make sure and check your helmet. I think the guy above made too blanket a statement. I no longer ride motorcycles but I used to for decades and every single one of my motorcycle helmets had a snell and SA*year rating. If you're wearing an Arai, it probably has one too.
Good call out. I used to ride as a well and mine only had a M rating. I'm also checking with SCDA and LRP if they will have helmet rentals if needed. Will let everyone know what I hear back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts