Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, some of you may noticed that giulia does not support apple carplay.
my Qv is still in the factory but i tried my phone on one stock QV and one basic giulia.
none of them work but alfa badge is shown on apple's page link here:http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/
anyone know the answer?
hope it will be a software update soon.
:surprise:

·
Registered
242 Posts
The badge doesn't mean much, just that they're partners and (likely) planning to support.

Each OEM's car models may have different systems and get the capability at different times.
Some systems may get with a software update - as most expect for Giulia, based on CNET review.
Both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are lacking at this point, but an update currently slated for the spring will rectify that shortcoming.
Stelvio uses what looks to the the identical system and is supposed to launch with it enabled - likely in April time frame.
Many models need a HW update to support CarPlay, so it only comes when the system is updated in new model year.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm hoping the system can actually support Apple Car Play and all they need is a software update. I know one model year can make a difference when it comes to the infotainment equipment of some cars, but the GIulia shouldn't have that problem.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Apple car play is no big deal, I have it in 3 of my cars and never use it. I don't like the big low resolution icons and outside of being able to use apple's navigation (which in my opinion is not better than the one that comes in the car) I don't see the appeal.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Spoke to Alfa on phone, 2017's will not be upgraded to carplay/android auto. 2018 production will start soon, one person said beginning May, another said couple months.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The changeover date for MY is 24 of June, Alfa's birthday.
The Alfa infotainment hardware is the same used by BMW produced in JV by Magneti Marelli and Harman Kardon.
support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto come next June and will be available through update for early adopters.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thats not what Alfa told me on the phone this morning, they said no update (would need hardware, but I think thats BS). To clear this up would be a link to where this is stated and not verbal.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm less concerned about Apple CarPlay than I am about why my first 4-5 FM preset stations periodically reset to stock. Has happened twice since updating my software. Must be a weird quirky bug in the system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts