Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Vendor
1,812 Posts
Right now, I don't want to touch it. I see this as a huge headache. I rather offer the OEM units and USB hubs that owners can install applecarplay on. I just sold one to a customer this week who's going down that path instead. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Right now, I don't want to touch it. I see this as a huge headache. I rather offer the OEM units and USB hubs that owners can install applecarplay on. I just sold one to a customer this week who's going down that path instead. ;)
Question for you! While doing this, do you also update the rest of the units that need it? When I got my new ETM from the dealer there were a few different modules they had to run updates on (or so they told me). I've got a few friends looking to have it done since I got mine done now that I would love to point them in a direction.

Also, same topic but off a little bit so I don't mean to thread hijack, but what do you think the chances of getting the new touchscreen to work with the old ETM are? I haven't seen any connections on it yet so I'm not even sure if they are compatible. Either that or getting a digitizer to work over the screen now? I love CarPlay now that I have it, but man it's a lot more useable and intuitive with a touch screen. I know this may trigger some, ha.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Jason, after installing all the new OEM hardware, don’t you still have to find a dealer willing to activate for you?

·
Vendor
1,812 Posts
Jason, after installing all the new OEM hardware, don’t you still have to find a dealer willing to activate for you?
You do. Yes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any looked into buying the necessary hardware from a wrecked 2018 or 2019 Giulia or Stelvio? I see a few on eBay.
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. The units are VIN locked and once written, cannot be overwritten, as of yet anyway. Who knows if someone will crack these in the future. But for now 🤷. I assume this is why Alfissimo sells brand new, unused units.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts