Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is totally doable. I own a 2017 Giulia Veloce.

It is a standalone device that connects to the car infotainment system.
You can switch between the original system or car play by holding the menu button.
Not difficult to install, I did mine in about 3 hours.
I did 3 print a holding piece to make the fixation better since I need to do some track days.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts

You can switch between the original system or car play by holding the menu button.
I did 3 print a holding piece to make the fixation better since I need to do some track days.
So where have you bought yours?

·
Registered
62 Posts

Thanks for sharing, can it be posted to Australia ? Any chance you can post the install instructions and link ?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I live in China so I just bought it on taobao.com ... it is about $300...
Any idea if it will work the next time you update your iOS? Is there any ongoing support provided by the seller/manufacturer?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Is it just slow / laggy or it won't work at all ?
@jwq2 and @yxaero are talking about two different things.... Jwq2 was responding to @Rafat90 's assertion that the USB hub changed and WITech settings could make CarPlay work in a MY17, and jwq2 is correct that it absolutely will not work, not at all.

@yxaero is talking about adding a hardware unit to a MY17 which connects to the phone, hosts the CarPlay software, and then drives CarPlay to the screen through a different system than the native software in the Car. In other words, it shares the screen between two, discreet systems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello everyone, I am one of the 2017 Giulia QV owners who has always dreamed about getting an update for apple carplay.
But we never did as this is the only model year does not offer the option.
I had a friend who is a used car dealer. He recently told me one customer bought him a carplay kit and asked if can install it for him.
It is a 17 QV And it supports wireless carplay!
Here is the photo after installation. Is anyone interested? let me know I have already asked him to order me one.
View attachment 95200
Yes please send info.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
just click on top-right of login box to cancel, and use google translate ;)

Features:

1. Built-in multiple processing units (CPU), which are located in the carplay module, decoder module and video processing module. Runs smoothly and doesn't freeze.

2. The video processing module uses Intel and German Inova professional video processing chips, similar to the high-performance independent graphics card in the computer, to realize the original car screen display and the carplay interface and the original car vehicle system interface image to display the original car volume, air conditioning, driving Mode, front and rear radar, back-up image and other information reduce CPU workload and run faster and smoother.

3. Use the original car AUX audio channel, no need to insert 3.5mm terminal, no loss of sound quality.

4. The camera of the auxiliary factory can be installed to realize the full-screen display of the reversing image, the same radar car display as the original car, and the dynamic reversing trajectory line display.

5. The car gauge-grade iron casing is the same as the original car, is safe, stable and flammable? !! Everyone thinks about the possibilities.

6. The car gauge level uses high-quality wire harnesses. The original car specifications will not loosen or fall off.

7. There is no need to occupy the OBD socket, the original vehicle wiring harness is non-destructively mated, and CANBUS information is not sent to the original vehicle. The premise of ensuring driving safety does not affect the original vehicle warranty.

8. Perfectly fit the original car screen.

9. Can provide original car USB socket and original car mic position installation solution.

10. Export-oriented, EU CE certification, 18 months warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Thanks @jwq2 ! That was much appreciated and very helpful. I still don’t think I’ll be an early adopter. I’d prefer to wait until one of our known aftermarket vendors offers something where I could be a little more confident with ongoing support. I had something very similar installed in my daughter’s 2016 BMW from a well established source with authorized installers nationwide. Even after professional installation, ran into problems with the unit having gps lag/accuracy issues rendering map function useless. Good post sales tech support was key, and they ended up swapping the unit with a new one with updated chipsets at no cost to us.

·
Registered
26 Posts
so it translates the page but won't translate the new user creation. Also not sure what the 2100 equates out to in us dollars

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
so it translates the page but won't translate the new user creation. Also not sure what the 2100 equates out to in us dollars
2100 RSB equates to $300. I am with @wingler on this. I would love it if @Alfissimo were to bring these in, translate the instructions to English and verify that this does work and works within warranty and doesn't create any other issues. This is the thing. You don't spend $50K on a car and have some rinky-dink, cheap, electronics fry your system. I would love to have CP but not at the expense of the vehicle. There is a large difference between "it works" and "it's working well."

One thing that seems like it might work would be a USB module that does what this does. If you notice, the USB delivers images when connected to the smart phone but in BT, it's just the logo. I wonder if there might be a way to pass more data to the USB mode to bring up the CP functionality. It's definitely someone like @Alfissimo should investigate because it would be a big win and I know I'd be the first customer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
2100 RSB equates to $300. I am with @wingler on this. I would love it if @Alfissimo were to bring these in, translate the instructions to English and verify that this does work and works within warranty and doesn't create any other issues. This is the thing. You don't spend $50K on a car and have some rinky-dink, cheap, electronics fry your system. I would love to have CP but not at the expense of the vehicle. There is a large difference between "it works" and "it's working well."

One thing that seems like it might work would be a USB module that does what this does. If you notice, the USB delivers images when connected to the smart phone but in BT, it's just the logo. I wonder if there might be a way to pass more data to the USB mode to bring up the CP functionality. It's definitely someone like @Alfissimo should investigate because it would be a big win and I know I'd be the first customer.
Nicely put. Guess we will just have to wait and see

41 - 60 of 71 Posts