Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
This

... It would be nice if there was a way to enable wide-screen AA though...
I was hoping "split screen" would do something, but no luck <sigh>. That seems totally idiotic given that the Android fixed panel part of the AA screen appears to be the same size as the radio/media Alfa display in split screen.
-----------
I have considered unlocking my AA phone so that I can run the dragy ap using the car's controls. I'm not sure if it will work without a touch screen though. OBD2AA (an app that runs AA, thus it does not require unlocking the phone) mentioned having dragy on their to do list, I guess I should check if there is an update.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I was hoping "split screen" would do something, but no luck <sigh>. That seems totally idiotic given that the Android fixed panel part of the AA screen appears to be the same size as the radio/media Alfa display in split screen.
-----------
I have considered unlocking my AA phone so that I can run the dragy ap using the car's controls. I'm not sure if it will work without a touch screen though. OBD2AA (an app that runs AA, thus it does not require unlocking the phone) mentioned having dragy on their to do list, I guess I should check if there is an update.
Hey...having Dragy in CarPlay would be cool!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I don’t know if he wants to be on here or not. I’ll ask him. :)
Can he disclose the technical description of how the CarPlay solution works so we can understand more about what he is doing to the car?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Can he disclose the technical description of how the CarPlay solution works so we can understand more about what he is doing to the car?
I don't think they will. They are charging 550. Seems crazy. Says it takes a couple mins to install the product.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I don't think they will. They are charging 550. Seems crazy. Says it takes a couple mins to install the product.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I don’t mind the $550, but I’m not making any modification to the car‘s Infotainment system without the details of how it works, what changes are being made, and implications regarding future updates (Alfa and iOS).

·
Registered
18 Posts
for 2017 it is possible to enable apple carplay and android auto by replacing the USB Hub in thecentral console and to eable apple carplay and android auto by MES OR Witec and it will work . and it will work with 6.5 and 8.8 display.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
for 2017 it is possible to enable apple carplay and android auto by replacing the USB Hub in thecentral console and to eable apple carplay and android auto by MES OR Witec and it will work . and it will work with 6.5 and 8.8 display.
Definately NOT if you have the 2017 infotainment hardware......

·
Registered
776 Posts
I am "interested" in that I definitely want to hear more if this is real, works, and doesn't require any warranty voiding, nutty hardware changes. If it's simply a software upgrade and an ECU setting like was originally proposed, I am onboard. I wouldn't even mind a USB adapter or some small hardware setup. Just curious if anyone has heard what's involved.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I am "interested" in that I definitely want to hear more if this is real, works, and doesn't require any warranty voiding, nutty hardware changes. If it's simply a software upgrade and an ECU setting like was originally proposed, I am onboard. I wouldn't even mind a USB adapter or some small hardware setup. Just curious if anyone has heard what's involved.
And what is the ongoing support mechanism when you update Apple iOS, or Alfa updates your infotainment s/w. Does it become useless, a brick, or something worse?

21 - 40 of 71 Posts