Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

281 - 300 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally. My message was well received. I'm counting on that. Our partner in Italy has everything they need to operate legally. So please go on. I hope you can answer all of the questions from the local authority.
So why don't you just admit that your V1 is a total failure and our product is more superior. There is a reason Eng withdraw from China and you know exactly why.
BTW, when was your last "long term software update service" ? Like never ;)

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
203 Posts
Finally. My message was well received. I'm counting on that. Our partner in Italy has everything they need to operate legally. So please go on. I hope you can answer all of the questions from the local authority.
So why don't you just admit that your V1 is a total failure and our product is more superior. There is a reason Eng withdraw from China and you know exactly why.
Guys, guys, all this dick measuring is on the wrong forum. If it's a legal issue, keep it there, we don't need or want to see your dirty laundry. Last thing we need is all the competing vendors on this site beating each other up publicly on every thread...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guys, guys, all this dick measuring is on the wrong forum. If it's a legal issue, keep it there, we don't need or want to see your dirty laundry. Last thing we need is all the competing vendors on this site beating each other up publicly on every thread...
Absolutely. I'd rather talk about technical issues more than this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Alex.
Since you mentioned Eng Custom Carplay interface V1, we'd like to introduce this product here. V1 interface is a different solution to V2, and it's the one of the first products can literally display volume, A/C, parking sensor, reverse camera, DNA mode from OEM radio for Giulia and Stelvio. The interface has 3 video processors inside, 2 of which are INP375R and INAP375T for receiving and sending from OEM radio to interface and to OEM display. The 3rd one is the most important, which do the image mixing job, that is why you can see volume and A/C from OEM radio (not aftermarket style skin) pop up on Carplay UI. Now with the latest software upgrade we have mirror-link function on V1 too. If you want to know this product more we recommend you order one from our website and we can give you a special offer.
For long term software upgrade service, Eng Custom try to provide best after-sales service for our clients. E-mail us with the e-mail account you use to order our product, you can obtain the latest software and MCU files for V1 and V2 product. Soon we will have this function on our website which works automatically.
Due to travel restrictions and quarantine measures caused by COVID-19, some services from Eng Custom China are limited now. We will have more products and services in the near future.
Alex, you do good job on your product. Eng Custom always try to provide the best services for Alfa Romeo owners, we are working on our new product for Giulia and Stelvio now, so we don't have time to reply here to you no more.
If you want to know more about our products and services please visit our website Eng-Custom or Facebook page ENG-Custom.
If you have law issues please contact me on [email protected], my lawyer will contact you.
Eng Custom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Alex, I'm in the US. What is the best way for me to order?
For now, you can either order it from our partner in Europe or from our taobao link I have already provided in the past post. As I mentioned before our network hasn't completed in the US due to the covid situation.
Here is the link from the Europe again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Alex! I’m Eng Custom. Please sue us in court if you think your rights are being violated by Eng Custom.
We are a legally registered company in Italy to work in automotive industry, the products we sell are obtained legally, and sure we provide 2 year warranty as promised and long term software upgrade services.
Your partner in Italy(who sell this product privately) as you tell here will receive letter from our lawyer for his illegal behaviors soon.
By the way, Alex, please show everyone here your license to make or sell this product, or your patent, or other documents.
Hi everybody.

I would apologize in advance to the administrators and to all forum's users because we didn't write a "presentation's post" but unfortunately we felt necessity to immediately intervene given that our Italian/Chinese's collaborators reported us some incorrectness in this discussion.
So…..We would like to do some clarifications concerning an accusation addressed to us in which it is "incorrectly specified" that we are selling Android Card Play Auto Modules (for Giulia and Stelvio) in unlawful manner.

WE WOULD LIKE TO SPECIFY THAT:

# 1 # RFCARSYSTEM was registered in Italy on April 15, 2020 with the VAT number 03107810602

# 2 # we are a young company but with years of tests, experiments and experience behind us. We started to expose ourselves more imposingly on the market not until receiving all the necessary authorizations.

# 3 # Ruggero Veronese was the first to test this product. The next modules arrived were billed in his name and the sum of € 5000 per year for private sales was not exceeded.

# 4 # The products are regularly imported, we have invoices and VAT paid.

# 5 # All sellers must provide guarantee, is the law.

This forum has been created primarily to convey our passion for the "ALFA" brand and for sharing experiences, advice, strengths and weaknesses. Honestly we would have preferred to introduce ourselves with a first post as Alfa lovers rather than waste time making these public clarifications.

Anyway, We don't want to interfere with anyone's work but we just want to explain that we will never allow to trample on:

## all the sacrifices and hundreds hours in videoconference with the Chinese’s team (crazy hours by the time zone between Italy and China.)
## our many sleepless nights spent making changes and improvements.
We would conclude saying that we are open to dialogue, we have no intention in start a war because we know that is unusefull and it would lead to nothing, but we are ready to intervene legally if our human, moral and legal rights are trampled on.

Best Regards to everybody.
RFCARSYSTEM

For any information [email protected]
Facebook www.facebook.com/rfcarsystem

·
Registered
305 Posts
See posts #75 #87 & #101 from @Paulryanmini. He was one of the early adopters of KAP unit and had a software update, maybe you guys need the same? Is there a menu to show the S/W F/W version no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my firmware version for Kap. I haven't emailed them about it as I've only had the black screen once. If it happens again I'll reach out. Not driving as much as usual currently.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So now that I see three different products in this thread, which one is the best one to buy for the money? and how much are each one?

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
When this thread is all said and done, I'd like to know the least damaging solution that delivers CarPlay. I don't want to change out my whole head unit. If there is a simple piece of hardware to install that allows me to use the existing infotainment without ripping out the dash, tell me where to send my money. Otherwise, I am lost here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When this thread is all said and done, I'd like to know the least damaging solution that delivers CarPlay. I don't want to change out my whole head unit. If there is a simple piece of hardware to install that allows me to use the existing infotainment without ripping out the dash, tell me where to send my money. Otherwise, I am lost here.
The installation is simple. Takes maybe 30 mins with proper tools to install. The differences are about the hardware and software being implemented on the module.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have the KAP unit. It once froze but after unplugging and replying has been fine. It sounds like a couple in the forum have had issues where the screen went black but then came back up after locking the car and waiting a few minutes. I emailed KAP and there initial response was "we don't know what you mean". They haven't responded since...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am interested in doing this maybe since this thread has become multi vendor maybe we make a sticky at the beginning that has all of their urls for easy finding. Is this possible?

·
Registered
305 Posts
A sticky would be a great idea! I think a mod has to do that ? Not sure....

Information on adding Car Play / Android auto to Giulia models that do not have the capability from the factory. (2017 models in the US):

The addition of Car Play / Android Auto to early model Giulias requires the installation of a small hardware box that must be connected to the factory ECM (electronics control module) located below the steering wheel in the drivers footwell. There are currently 3 companies offering the hardware which includes a small hardware box, antennas for bluetooth/wireless, additional mic for voice commands and a wiring to connect the unit. Each company has their own firmware, hardware and support.

Tools needed:
  • T20 and T30 torx screwdrivers
  • Trim removal tools (can use flathead screwdriver but its harder and can scratch trim)
  • Suction cups for removal of central USB panel below AC controls (trim removal tool will work but it you might slightly scratch the panel around the tool insert points)
  • Flashlight
  • Lots of patience and agility!
Companies offering the needed hardware:

ENG-Custom
: ENG-Custom
Cost : $360 launch price (current?) without shipping

The first unit I heard of was Eng-Custom. I reached out to them in Jan and the price was $360 without shipping. However they did not have units at the time. In Feb they said they were awaiting stock from Asia. In March they said there was an understandable delay due to Covid. I have not heard from them again. Forum member from this company: Eng-Custom

forum members with this unit:
Walter, Stelvio1973

KAP Unit (South Korea)
: KAP TRADER
Cost: $250 plus 55$ for DHL

The second unit I found out about was KAP which I ended up purchasing. Kap was quick to reply and charged 250$ for their unit plus 55$ for DHL shipping from South Korea to the US which was extremely fast. I did reach out to them once after purchase about a bit of screen noise in day mode on CarPlay and also to mention our forum but have not gotten a reply. During the purchase process they said firmware updates would be made available on their website as they become available. No forum members from company appear to be registered on the forum.

Form members with this unit:

Paulryanmini, MorganB (me), rumifaizer, Stealthmagic27, Moose8106,Passa84,TrypleX, George3630

RF Car Systems: 商品详情 or Rfcarsystem

Cost: 390 Euros shipped

I was unaware of the RF car systems unit (also referred to as Ruggero on an Italian Afla forum) when I purchased my KAP unit but did read good things about it on the Italian alfa forum.

Forum members from this company are Alex00544 and Rfcarsystem.

forum members with this unit: realdavemathews

Forum members with units but not sure which (possibly RF Car System) :Bohuaibohuai, yxaero,mjb, JSR

Installation information provided by forum members begins here:

The install takes some time and effort. Plan on a challenge. It is physically difficult as most of the work is done in the drivers footwell. It requires removing a few trim pieces, freeing the factory ECM from below the steering column, disconnecting 2 cables from the ECM which are challenging to disconnect due to physical location, adding wiring to connect the ECM to the new hardware, installing a USB cable either in the drivers area or by connecting it to the USB port below the AC and an additional mic (installed below steering wheel or next to factory mic or in empty space behind the rear view mirror trim).

It all seems very early and obviously each supplier feels their unit is better . I think time will tell with ongoing firmware updates and any functionality enhancements as well as a lasting unit that performs well in all temps. I'm in TX so curious to see how KAP does in the heat of the summer. Currently not driving enough to form a full opinion but it does work fine so far. Of course as Apple updates CarPlay and iOS versions supporting firmware updates will be crucial from any supplier.

Please let me know if there are errors or what units you have if I've left you off or confused what unit you have!

281 - 300 of 391 Posts