Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, I am one of the 2017 Giulia QV owners who has always dreamed about getting an update for apple carplay.
But we never did as this is the only model year does not offer the option.
I had a friend who is a used car dealer. He recently told me one customer bought him a carplay kit and asked if can install it for him.
It is a 17 QV And it supports wireless carplay!
Here is the photo after installation. Is anyone interested? let me know I have already asked him to order me one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Heck ya I’m interested. Is it a reprogramming or some aftermarket add on? Any idea on cost?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yes. More details please. Do you need to replace the factory infotainment unit and how does it work? Do you have any more details, links, cost etc.??

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,806 Posts
Hmm, while it looks like CarPlay, iCal and Settings are not CarPlay supported apps that I’ve seen, so it makes me wonder if it’s a mirroring device?

EDIT: that is all wrong; those are CarPlay apps. Sorry, nevermind.

Reactions: kshitishsoman

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, while it looks like CarPlay, iCal and Settings are not CarPlay supported apps that I’ve seen, so it makes me wonder if it’s a mirroring device?
the guy I know does a lot carplay install, should be legit carplay, I have ford has carplay and this screen looks like mine on the ford, ios 13 looks different than12
will let you guys know when i get my installed

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,806 Posts
Y
the guy I know does a lot carplay install, should be legit carplay, I have ford has carplay and this screen looks like mine on the ford, ios 13 looks different than12
will let you guys know when i get my installed
Yeah, I’m sorry, I was wrong about the apps; they are CarPlay compatible, I’d just forgotten.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I see an Alfa app. Didn't know there was one for carplay

Reactions: alfapride

·
Registered
59 Posts
Without the touch screen I just find my CarPlay pretty useless.
Trust me, with the rotary control, very very useless and can’t do half of the shit I used to do with my previous cars with carplay

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,806 Posts
Trust me, with the rotary control, very very useless and can’t do half of the shit I used to do with my previous cars with carplay
Trust you? You can’t be serious.

I’m not sure why you’re so hung up over fingering the screen, but for many of us, CarPlay delivers critical functionality which the onboard infosys doesn’t, like navigation with live traffic, police alerts, and the ability to reply to SMS.

There are a host of other non-critical but convenient features as well, such as Siri access, voice control, podcasts and streaming apps, so for you to call it “very, very useless” makes absolutely zero sense to me. I deal with folks in EU a lot, too, so the WhatsApp app is a boon, too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Trust you? You can’t be serious.

I’m not sure why you’re so hung up over fingering the screen, but for many of us, CarPlay delivers critical functionality which the onboard infosys doesn’t, like navigation with live traffic, police alerts, and the ability to reply to SMS.

There are a host of other non-critical but convenient features as well, such as Siri access, voice control, podcasts and streaming apps, so for you to call it “very, very useless” makes absolutely zero sense to me. I deal with folks in EU a lot, too, so the WhatsApp app is a boon, too.
Oh i am very serious. I use jailbroken iphone and thus i can load up all the apps. Most of apps, because of lack of touch screen, i can not control using the rotary control.

Do as u wish, but i am just sharing my experience.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,254 Posts
That's too bad, my android auto works great. I don't even want a touch screen display.

Reactions: Tomytootone and mjb

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
1 - 20 of 543 Posts