Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It may not come as a surprise for recent owners, but there have been so many debates and threads on that topic, that I thought I should communicate what I found out on my car.

My Giulia Ti AWD was built in October 2017 and the software upgraded early January 2018 (at port) before it came to the dealership in Greensboro, NC.

I can confirm that Apple Car Play works as soon as you connect your phone to the USB port located in the center console.
Even the dealer did not know it was active and hinted that the hardware was not ready yet.... He was mistaken.
Everything works perfectly:
- You can browse and listen to all your music playlists
- Navigation is directly taken from the iPhone
- Placing calls is a breeze.
- You can voice all your texts and listen to them.
- Sound quality is much better than through Bluetooth, of course.

Very pleased overall.
Yves

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2018 that arrived at the dealer right at new years has its carplay enabled as well.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Mine is MY18 with a 9/17 build date, and yes, arrived with fully functioning CarPlay.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Still waiting for the firmware install to get my MY18 (August build) ACP-AA up and running.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Me too. Very frustrated that Alfa refuses to even give an estimate when other cars already have it.
From what I have been told (in person, over the phone) and have read (these forums, emails with quotes from "ALFA"), "some" MY18s did have the ACP-AA firmware installed, at a US port, beginning in late Dec. or early Jan. These MY18 Giulias, all delivered to their new owners after Jan. 1st, 2018, now have fully operative ACP-AA. The MY18s that were delivered before Jan. 2018, as we know, are still waiting for the firmware install.
I call the Alfa Care hotline weekly to inquire, complain.
Bing!
It's Monday, time to call...

·
Registered
12 Posts
My MY 2018 Giulia built July 2017 also needs the update. In a FCA survey, I requested info on when CarPlay will be available, and an email back said no exact date has been set, but currently expected in March.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
My MY 2018 Giulia built July 2017 also needs the update. In a FCA survey, I requested info on when CarPlay will be available, and an email back said no exact date has been set, but currently expected in March.
They said March, of what year?

Reactions: freedomgli
1 - 10 of 10 Posts