Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the stock setup but was wondering if any of the lowering springs available help with the handling.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Does the handling need help?

Reactions: Richo8657

·
Registered
14 Posts
Q4 on Madness Springs

Recently lowered my Q4 on Madness Springs. Looks awesome, and less body roll for sure.

After living with it for a couple weeks I think the front drop (they say it's approx 1.4") is too much. Rear is perfect, but front looks visually lower than the back, and scrapes on virtually everything. I also find the dampening over potholes etc. in the front to be worse than it was as stock.

If I could find a 1" drop for the front vs. a 1.4" drop I would swap my springs out for it in a heartbeat.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got H&R springs and front was lowered 1.2 same with rear. Very happy with driveability. Handling improved with less body roll and less float. Turn in is also sharper. Less front end drive. Better rear traction. Car feels very balanced. Been up Angeles Crest Highway and lost a lot of cars double the price of my Giulia Ti. Tires do a lot as well and I got MPS4S with my springs car is glued and very hard to beat around the turns. It still has some roll but good roll you need to absorb the turns. It seems like I got enough handles for the power even with my engine mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Recently lowered my Q4 on Madness Springs. Looks awesome, and less body roll for sure.

After living with it for a couple weeks I think the front drop (they say it's approx 1.4") is too much. Rear is perfect, but front looks visually lower than the back, and scrapes on virtually everything. I also find the dampening over potholes etc. in the front to be worse than it was as stock.

If I could find a 1" drop for the front vs. a 1.4" drop I would swap my springs out for it in a heartbeat.
Your car looks amazing!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree, looks great! Sorry to hear it’s too low and it scrapes.

Have you thought about the Eibachs? Supposedly the lower a bit less than the Madness and H&Rs.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,738 Posts
Anybody try stiffer anti-roll bars to reduce the roll?

I haven't seen any after market anti-roll bars for Giulia. There certainly are many to choose from for BMW 3 series, including adjustable ones.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some of the lowering spring kits on the market are not officially for the 4 cylinder petrol versions of the Giulia they are for the Euro Spec 2.2 diesel, and also change the set up from progressive to linear and vice versa.

·
Registered
227 Posts
These cars are built for driving out of the box for most drivers.I strongly doubt anybody except boy racers and frequent track visitors needs to put any of these aftermarket coil, shocks or even electronics on them. Just enjoy these cars as Alfa intended, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed... In my opinion,from what I’ve seen, seeing these beautiful cars lowered and dumped over the wheel arches really messes up lines.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree, looks great! Sorry to hear it’s too low and it scrapes.

Have you thought about the Eibachs? Supposedly the lower a bit less than the Madness and H&Rs.
Thanks! Looks amazing and I get stopped regularly by people to check out the car. 3 weeks in and still driving me a bit crazy though. I was under the impression that the Eibachs did not officially support the Q4? I'd buy them in a heartbeat, have had them on previous vehicles and always found them to be great.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I really like the stock setup but was wondering if any of the lowering springs available help with the handling.
I'm gonna say nope. I'm on Eibach pro-kits, there's definitely less body roll and the ride is a little harsher, but it's a marginal improvement (if any) in handling. But, I also swapped out wheels and tires too when I did the springs.

With that, I think it looks much better than stock height 4 cylinder Giulias.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Q4 on Madness Springs

I agree the front is too low. The rears too...just my opinion for looks and practicality for everyday driving. I wonder if a thicker pad would correct this issue, if one could make one. Not sure if H&R makes a spring for the Q4 w commensurate drop that would be a happy medium? I know eibach has a Q4 version.

·
Vendor
3,423 Posts
Have a look here

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts