Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport RWD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding in my friends Jeep one day and we parked and went to a store to grab a few things. When we came out, we had been Jeep Ducked. A trend where fellow Jeep owners essentially pass little rubber ducks written with a Jeep related message give each other rubber ducks when they see another Jeep.

This may be a thing that’s already going on with Alfa’s but I believe we should start a little fun thing like that to be more engaging with each other out on the roads!

See Story Below.
It may sound quacky, but Jeep ducking is a real thing

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,190 Posts
No

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
In Texas that’s an invite to getting shot, I’ll pass.

Reactions: -ds- and pingywon

·
Registered
276 Posts
It's a pass here as well. When I rode motorcycles up and until a few years ago we greeted oncoming motorcycles with low waves or a quick salute. A sign of respect for anyone that rode. Now this was all fine 50 years ago and beyond, but as the years went on there were more and more motorcycles on the road and the arm became more like a workplace parking lot gate arm at 8:00 a.m. on Monday mornings. :(

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport RWD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In Texas that’s an invite to getting shot, I’ll pass.
that’s so funny we just got “ducked” in Texas. There was no shooting

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
that’s so funny we just got “ducked” in Texas. There was no shooting
Jeeps are open top...to put something in a Giulia you have to smash a window.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I’m content with the “Alfa nod.”

Please don’t pour olive oil on my car..or duck tape The Godfather box set to the side - I’m good for both. 😎

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,969 Posts
I wave enthusiastically every time I see another Alfa.. cause it's such a rare occurrence
Do they ever wave back?

Today I asked a man I saw in a store wearing an Alfa Romeo Jacket what kind of Alfa he had and was almost disappointed (I hope I didn't show it) when he responded "a Stelvio".

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Do they ever wave back?

Today I asked a man I saw in a store wearing an Alfa Romeo Jacket what kind of Alfa he had and was almost disappointed (I hope I didn't show it) when he responded "a Stelvio".
If they see me usually yes. But sometimes they are too shy and pretend they didn't see me 😄
The Stelvio is just a taller Giulia with a few extra pounds. Today they would call it "Big beautiful car"

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,969 Posts
We have three Italian (well, almost) cars in our garage of three different heights: low (Spider), medium (Guilia), and high (Stelvio). Yes, I know there are much higher vehicles. We have no interest in harboring one of those.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts