·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I will see one at a track near me.....:cool:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Most likely I'll track my Ti once, just because. My wife my not allow it though. I crashed my 4C when I first got it. (on the track) Did $15,000 damage to her. I've got a dedicated racer (240z) so I get my track time in.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I will likely do an Apex Driving Event at Lime Rock, Palmer, or Thompson. Date tbd. Good way to explore the limits without wrecking it.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will likely do an Apex Driving Event at Lime Rock, Palmer, or Thompson. Date tbd. Good way to explore the limits without wrecking it.
I love Lime Rock and Palmer, Thompson not so much...... I instruct with Porsche and BMW, let me know if you ever do events with them......

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I live close to NHMS, planning on getting a Ti on the next wave of Giulias coming to dealers. I am definitely thinking of taking it to an autocross at least once, and maybe a few laps of the roadcourse. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
I love Lime Rock and Palmer, Thompson not so much...... I instruct with Porsche and BMW, let me know if you ever do events with them......
I did the AMG Driving Academy Level One driver's event at Lime Rock (awesome event!) and an Apex organized, Porsche Dealership Driving Event at Palmer. Spent the a half day lapping in my M3, and then some final laps in a 2015 911S. Great tracks, and great fun!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live close to NHMS, planning on getting a Ti on the next wave of Giulias coming to dealers. I am definitely thinking of taking it to an autocross at least once, and maybe a few laps of the roadcourse. :)
NHMS is a fine track, it just beats on your car more than any tracks I have been to....
Have fun and good luck!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine will be at VIR a couple times this year I hope. More often at Dominion and Summit Point.
VIR is on my list of tracks to still race on. Summit Point is a great, fun track, I love the carousel!

Still my absolute favorite is Watkins Glen!

Enjoy and post some videos!

Reactions: burgngoldman

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
NHMS is a fine track, it just beats on your car more than any tracks I have been to....
Have fun and good luck!
Hmm okay, didn't know that. My parents and I did a trackday for a birthday gift years ago and drove a Gallardo LP560-4 and 430 Scuderia there, maybe I go elsewhere. There is a new private racing club track further north in NH, towards North Country I think, but not sure what membership is. Maybe I try to make a friend who I can join as guest. I think Autocross could be fun, maybe!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
VIR is on my list of tracks to still race on. Summit Point is a great, fun track, I love the carousel!

Still my absolute favorite is Watkins Glen!

Enjoy and post some videos!
My favorite track is COTA in Texas. Never been on it but always wanted to, since it was completed. So beautiful.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys please let me know how you like the QV at the track.......
I would have to justify getting rid of my 911 Carrera S for the QV, and the 911 is a monster at the track.....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm okay, didn't know that. My parents and I did a trackday for a birthday gift years ago and drove a Gallardo LP560-4 and 430 Scuderia there, maybe I go elsewhere. There is a new private racing club track further north in NH, towards North Country I think, but not sure what membership is. Maybe I try to make a friend who I can join as guest. I think Autocross could be fun, maybe!
You are talking about Club Motorsports i.e. tamswarth race track
It is supposed to be a phenomenal new track, can't wait to visit it.....

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Guys please let me know how you like the QV at the track.......
I would have to justify getting rid of my 911 Carrera S for the QV, and the 911 is a monster at the track.....
what year S? because quite frankly your NOT getting rid of an S in lieu of a QV for track duties....
my assumption would be the following, unless you are at a long fast track (VIR, NJMP Lightening, the Glen) the S will just eat up a QV as it absolutely should. MAYBE it MIGHT come down to driver but there were have to be a big difference in drivers...
The QV is more like an M3 in the sense it can be used as a really functional, practical DD that can be a blast at the track....
an S is not a practical DD IF you have a family for sure..G/L

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2009 CS PDK
it's just my spring/summer DD as I have a spec Boxster that I actively race......and a '17 Jeep SRT for winter and tow duties....
The QV realistically will replace the 911 as the garage queen..... plus it would be able to handle the family trips in style! (Not to mention that I was born in Italy thus history has a big part of this equation) I just need to see how the first gen. QV withstands against its competitors as far as reliability.
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I plan to go to Hallett. I am certainly not a hardcore track guy, but I enjoy club "driving schools", which allow you to race around the track in your street car without passing in corners or doing other risky stuff (risky is relative here).

Greg

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I plan to go to Hallett. I am certainly not a hardcore track guy, but I enjoy club "driving schools", which allow you to race around the track in your street car without passing in corners or doing other risky stuff (risky is relative here).

Greg
Smart man! Enjoy and don't forget to record your event!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Owning a QV and not tracking her at least once is the equivalent of marrying a supermodel and just hold hands.......
reminds me of what a fellow I had the pleasure of meeting once at a driving event said when someone asked him why he brought all of his Ferrari to the track and raced them...only he was a little more explicit...:grin2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts