Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

541 - 560 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, very helpful. I think I will swing by the dealer. If anything to get acquainted with them as you never know how many times I'll be seeing them...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am shopping a 2018 Giulia Ti love the car but worried about the reliability issues that I am reading about. Anyone NOT having issues
I bought a 2017 Q4 new, driven 78,000 kms both summer and winter, for me the best car I ever had, no major problems with the exception of the Sirius XM radio

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome! there's lots Stevie, we did a poll a while back (can find in search) and there were far more people without any issues. I don't think this car warrants the lack of reliability reputation as it's mainly Alfa's history that people bang on about (pointless on this car as it doesn't have history), some shoddy dealers or the occasional mess up at the factory. Don't forget this forum doesn't have everyone's daily reports that there's nothing wrong :)

We all know the Japanese cars dominate JD power / reliability but I've had plenty of friends/neighbors who have problems with them too... luck of the draw
Also some really don't know how to take care of the these, they race them to hilt. Like anything in life - you care for it it will take care of you, 78K and no problems

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought a CPO 18 it sport. So far been perfect.
My wife just drove it for the first time though. I imagine a few lights will be illuminated on the dash now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2019 Giulia base model. No issues. I smile every time I drive the car. That is not something you would say about the rock-solid Japanese cars that last 250,000 miles. I am a long time alfa owner. The older alfas reputation for unreliability is exaggerated. They require maintenance and service by knowledgeable mechanics. I have had issues with my 60 year old Giulietta and with my 40 year old GTV. And the Milano was difficult. (rebuilt engine, transaxle} but that was from neglect and abuse by the previous owner. But, damn the Milano was a well balanced car. It is still scooting around the mountains of Northern California.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,731 Posts
I bought a CPO 18 it sport. So far been perfect.
My wife just drove it for the first time though. I imagine a few lights will be illuminated on the dash now.
So she lights up your life? My wife is on her second Stelvio and hasn't turned the cluster into a Christmas tree yet (fingers crossed). There's hope for them!

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'll just say, my car is a lemon so I didn't have terribly high expectations for it. Bought @ 21k miles, I'm now at 37k miles and it's not missed a step. I have 0 complaints and its exceeded my expectations.
That is great to hear! The first couple of years of any new car have issues and quirks. Add in the fact that all the AR dealers in the US are completely unfamiliar with the car and the brand and the NA factory service support was in its infancy and minor issues were considered major issues. A lot of cars were lemoned because they couldn't diagnose the root cause in the timeframe required by lemon laws.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am shopping a 2018 Giulia Ti love the car but worried about the reliability issues that I am reading about. Anyone NOT having issues
My issue was evap system. Had it replaced. Now the defrost system works only once in awhile. One day it works. Then a week it doesn't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2019 sport. Only issue is the usb port randomly stopped working. Even the little light that goes around the port was off. It would charge my phone for about 2 minutes before shutting off. Replugging it just did the same thing. Turns out of you just park the car for a couple hours it magically works again. No idea what the problem was but hasn't happened again.

·
Premium Member
2019, Alfa Romeo Guilia Ti, RWD
6 Posts
2019 Ti Sport, Q2 - purchased used at 20,800 miles - best car ever - dealer found a leaking radiator (warranty repair) during 20K service - no problems with battery/electrical system although plan to upgrade to AGM battery. Car was sold with an after-market window tint that is interfering with rear view mirror dimming - probably need to remove tinting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a guilia and the car rides like a dream. I love it. I am leasing it and cant wait to turn the car back in! Its had so many issues! My dealer in Phoenix cannot fix my front senor! They kept it for 2 weeks. Contacted engineers at alfa but no luck. So my 2 year old car cannot use any of its driver assist options. My pasgr. Seat locked up..another 3 weeks. Car stalled in grocery store parking lot..try putting ur car in neutral to get it out the way..u cant! Try it! Car wont go into neutral without some crazy rigging scheme. 2 recalls..no parts on hand by the dealer..just a nightmare! I wonder about the resale value of these vehicles! I'm leasing..so no worries for me. I just worry about those who bought them.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I have a guilia and the car rides like a dream. I love it. I am leasing it and cant wait to turn the car back in! Its had so many issues! My dealer in Phoenix cannot fix my front senor! They kept it for 2 weeks. Contacted engineers at alfa but no luck. So my 2 year old car cannot use any of its driver assist options. My pasgr. Seat locked up..another 3 weeks. Car stalled in grocery store parking lot..try putting ur car in neutral to get it out the way..u cant! Try it! Car wont go into neutral without some crazy rigging scheme. 2 recalls..no parts on hand by the dealer..just a nightmare! I wonder about the resale value of these vehicles! I'm leasing..so no worries for me. I just worry about those who bought them.
You’re posting in the wrong thread and just repeating what you posted 7 months ago. This is the no issues thread. btw, I’ve owned both a 2017 and 2021, no issues other than a couple of SW updates on the 2017.

·
Registered
857 Posts
You’re posting in the wrong thread and just repeating what you posted 7 months ago. This is the no issues thread. btw, I’ve owned both a 2017 and 2021, no issues other than a couple of SW updates on the 2017.
Yes “Mr Fernandez” has had 3 posts which all said pretty much the same thing. Motive?. I saw 2 unmarked Benzes this week going back to the shop on flat top tow trucks. Don’t know if grocery store was the problem with either of those.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
I saw 2 unmarked Benzes this week going back to the shop on flat top tow trucks. Don’t know if grocery store was the problem with either of those.
My local Lexus dealer just built a new complex with the biggest repair shop that I have ever seen ..This can only mean those cars break more than others do

541 - 560 of 563 Posts