Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

521 - 540 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
@krebago . Mine as you can see is the Montecarlo Blue Metallic. I’m running the 225/45R 18 in the front and 245/50 18’s in the rear. It gave it in my opinion a great stance without the use of spacers. Mine already got to 38k miles and I have no issues at all! I love it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't you readers just love a poster who prominently states that he finds the whole Alfa Romeo dealer network "sucks". And how much first or second hand experience can a poster actually state is true...and the whole network? I am a Giulia owner living in the Greater New York area and can personally attest to knowing five "local" dealers who are truly first rate. Your experience may vary...

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,682 Posts
I'm in NYC too and there are 6 that are close to me not including any in NJ, but they're are states with only 1 dealership in the entire state which really sucks. I'd have second thoughts about owning any car if that was the case, unless it wasn't my DD and I had the proper funds

·
Registered
467 Posts
Re the dealer network, Alfa has work to do to replicate the Lexus, BMW or Mercedes customer experience when taking a car in for service. Having said that we have a 2018 Stelvio and 2019 Giulia. We love both cars and the only dealer visits have been for recalls and oil changes. We are in West Los Angeles and the Santa Monica dealer is where we bought both cars, albeit from different ownership of the dealer as it changed hands in late 2018. The service advisors here are okay but their sense of urgency is lacking. The paperwork which is mostly boilerplate could be done beforehand, but they require you sit across their desk while they ham fistedly enter basic info into the service records. The actual service work is just fine, with no issues although they never quite seem to be able to wash the car by the time we get there to pick it up. Bottom line - we love both cars and having come from Mercedes and Audi ownership for our DDs, the Alfas are just way more enjoyable and much better looking than any of the Germans, so I'm willing to put up with advisor inefficiencies for the better driving experience.

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,682 Posts
Service experience is one thing, and I agree it could be better at some dealerships, but having any service at all is another. Having to drive hours to get a dealership is a bad experience, unless you purposefully want to go to that one, even though a closer one exists.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Giulia Ti only 21K miles and have not had any issues, was shocked that the 20K service was so inexpensive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 2019 has 3k miles and has been towed once (limp mode), and been in service twice already. :cry::rolleyes:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a 2018 Giulia Ti only 21K miles and have not had any issues, was shocked that the 20K service was so inexpensive.
I have pretty much the same experience. No major issues, the car is performing very well, but was shocked at the cost of the 20k service.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia AWD sport, Montecarlo Blue
67 Posts
Are there any drivers with 50-100,000 miles on theirs: How do you drive it (etc. work daily with mostly city or highway driving/ road trips only / racing only)? What kind of woes other than maintenance have you had (at what mileage/season of the year) and what kind of costs have you had for maintenance?

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Are there any drivers with 50-100,000 miles on theirs: How do you drive it (etc. work daily with mostly city or highway driving/ road trips only / racing only)? What kind of woes other than maintenance have you had (at what mileage/season of the year) and what kind of costs have you had for maintenance?
Might want to check / post here

·
Registered
42 Posts
49k on our 2017 Giulia. Some very small things that the dealer was happy to correct, but otherwise it's been great!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Still not... 45,020 and :) .

Suck on that haters,

Reactions: Theo

·
Registered
55 Posts
30 some thousand on my '17 Ti sport, it still resets the radio sometimes when I first start and my starter relay failed almost leaving me stranded. Not so bad for the first year car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't believe so. I think if you ensure the dealer has updated the software and tested the car that will likely reduce the low likelihood of it happening even further
How do I know if the dealer updated the software? Just bought a 18 with 37k. Wanted an 18 thinking little things might have been sorted and I believe they added some interior upgrades, car play too I think.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
How do I know if the dealer updated the software? Just bought a 18 with 37k. Wanted an 18 thinking little things might have been sorted and I believe they added some interior upgrades, car play too I think.
There are lots of s/w and firmware updates to the various car modules that are not easy to verify. However, you can check the Infortainment S/W level through the menu system on the Infotainment unit, just play around and you will find it. You should also verify the non safety related recalls (they are called campaigns) have been completed by downloading and registering on the My Alfa Romeo app.

regarding all the various module updates (BCM, IPC, etc), you can ask the dealer to run a VIP history report for you that will show all dealer maintenance history for the car. Or you can nicely ask one of the FCA techs on the forum, like @Beta Romeo, and they may be willing to check for you.

Reactions: Beta Romeo
521 - 540 of 563 Posts