Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

501 - 520 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am shopping a 2018 Giulia Ti love the car but worried about the reliability issues that I am reading about. Anyone NOT having issues
I have a 2017 Giulia TI Lusso. Has NAV/Harmon Kardon/Bi Zenon/light walnut trim/active blind spot/Stromboli Gray Metallic Paint. NO PROBLEMS. Had a few software recalls that dealer handled. I have owned Audis Mercedes BMWs and other "premium" brands and this car outhandles/outperforms/and is more fun to drive than ALL of them. I do like the SYNC 3 interface system in my wife's 2019 Explorer Limited better. I did not buy the Alfa for the interface. I bought it because it is a REAL Sport Sedan. Anyone that does not test drive this car before buying a sport sedan is a FOOL.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had some nasty snapping/popping issues with the plastic/metal in my 2019 Giulia Sport, coming from the front passenger's door panel area. This issue has not been Dealer-Resolved, when I brought it in for troubleshooting. It appears to be primarily related to colder weather, with some concomitant shrinking/expansion issues. This coming winter will tell more of the story. It has been an annoyance (One passenger who has ridden in this, as her first ride in an Alfa, asked asked in so many words "What the hell is that noise?). Currently, it has occurred very sporadically this spring with the oncoming warming weather. However, this coming fall and winter I want to get it resolved. Other than that, my Giulia Sport has been virtually trouble-free.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I have a 2017 Giulia TI Lusso. Has NAV/Harmon Kardon/Bi Zenon/light walnut trim/active blind spot/Stromboli Gray Metallic Paint. NO PROBLEMS. Had a few software recalls that dealer handled. I have owned Audis Mercedes BMWs and other "premium" brands and this car outhandles/outperforms/and is more fun to drive than ALL of them. I do like the SYNC 3 interface system in my wife's 2019 Explorer Limited better. I did not buy the Alfa for the interface. I bought it because it is a REAL Sport Sedan. Anyone that does not test drive this car before buying a sport sedan is a FOOL.
x 2 (ditto)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,731 Posts
My present problem is limited driving opportunities.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,773 Posts
Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
I will, but I don't want to fall in love with something that still had a lot of growing pains. I assume that the article was based on a 2018, so I was hoping they fixed some issues come the 2019 model.
Those writers are hacks. If you really parse the issues they wrote about, not a single one of them is uncommon among all brands and in the course of driving 40,000 miles in normal ownership the issues don't amount to anything more than a blip. Please understand as well there is no editorial independence in car magazines, The quality of reviews is directly proportional to the amount spent on advertising. The reviewers of those cars are not particularly knowledgeable in any event and most of their reviews are drivel, without any basis. Subjectivity abounds and you can't rely on them for real data. The best place to get informed opinions on any car is the owner forums, like this one. Alfa guys are particularly candid and they are not generally fanbois. You read the good and bad here and then you should drive the car and make up your mind. Find a used one for sale and test drive that one too for some perspective on a real car.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Those writers are hacks. If you really parse the issues they wrote about, not a single one of them is uncommon among all brands and in the course of driving 40,000 miles in normal ownership the issues don't amount to anything more than a blip. Please understand as well there is no editorial independence in car magazines, The quality of reviews is directly proportional to the amount spent on advertising. The reviewers of those cars are not particularly knowledgeable in any event and most of their reviews are drivel, without any basis. Subjectivity abounds and you can't rely on them for real data. The best place to get informed opinions on any car is the owner forums, like this one. Alfa guys are particularly candid and they are not generally fanbois. You read the good and bad here and then you should drive the car and make up your mind. Find a used one for sale and test drive that one too for some perspective on a real car.
Agreed.I have seen criticisms of Giulias on reviews of things that are easily adjusted if you just read the manual. Conversely I NEVER see any mention of where their so called German favourites are actually made (often not Europe unlike the Alfas). Nor is there any mention of the fact that some of their key components come from the same suppliers that produce electronics etc for Alfa. They are not in the educating and supplying information business apparently.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am shopping a 2018 Giulia Ti love the car but worried about the reliability issues that I am reading about. Anyone NOT having issues
This should show you that my Alfa Romeo 2.0 is realizable. It’s my daily driver and always have it on dynamic mode. I’ve had it for a year and the only thing that was done was a software update. I change the oil every 5k miles with 0-40 mobile 1 European formula. Have it detailed every Friday. I beat it to the ground and check out the temperature on the gauge. I’m from South Texas and it’s Hot down here, yet the Alfa still pulls strong.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This should show you that my Alfa Romeo 2.0 is realizable. It’s my daily driver and always have it on dynamic mode. I’ve had it for a year and the only thing that was done was a software update. I change the oil every 5k miles with 0-40 mobile 1 European formula. Have it detailed every Friday. I beat it to the ground and check out the temperature on the gauge. I’m from South Texas and it’s Hot down here, yet the Alfa still pulls strong.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
202 Posts
Still having no problems!

·
Registered
9 Posts
2018 TI Sport. Misano Blue, Black/Ice, Staggered width 19 inch dark finish five hole rims.
Twenty months. Two software recalls. One oil change. I don't consider that unreliable!

501 - 520 of 563 Posts