Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping a 2018 Giulia Ti love the car but worried about the reliability issues that I am reading about. Anyone NOT having issues

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
Welcome! there's lots Stevie, we did a poll a while back (can find in search) and there were far more people without any issues. I don't think this car warrants the lack of reliability reputation as it's mainly Alfa's history that people bang on about (pointless on this car as it doesn't have history), some shoddy dealers or the occasional mess up at the factory. Don't forget this forum doesn't have everyone's daily reports that there's nothing wrong :)

We all know the Japanese cars dominate JD power / reliability but I've had plenty of friends/neighbors who have problems with them too... luck of the draw

·
Registered
48 Posts
Had mine since November. 6000 or so miles. Only needed a sunroof reset once (which just boils down to holding a button in for a minute, did it myself). Other than that it’s been perfect! Had to get rid of my Audi TT at 80000 miles as it was nickel and diming me to death. Spent 4000 on it the last 3 months I had it and they wanted 400 more. I said the **** with it and got rid of it. Love the Alfa!

Max Tenet

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
I am talking about "left me on the side of the road issues" or in "Limp Home Mode"
VERY few and far between, probably the least common issue in fact. Usually software issues (dealer again). It's very rare this results in major problems but there's always the examples

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
I don't believe so. I think if you ensure the dealer has updated the software and tested the car that will likely reduce the low likelihood of it happening even further

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you take the time to read the forum you will find most have no serious issues, and those that do have some problems clearly state the car's virtues clearly make the issues bearable. It is a phenomenal car. As others have said, every car purchase of any manufacturer can entail problems. The Alfa Giulia is no exception. But, it has unique design, power and handling qualities that make it completely worth it. Don't over analyze. Get one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Coming out of a C Class which did have problems. Drove the 3 series, Audi A4, Macan S, and Stelvia The Giulia is the most engaging car to drive. I just think their dealer network sucks

·
Registered
262 Posts
FWIW I have a Dec 2016 built base Giulia, bought in July 2017, 14,003 miles as of this morning, and not a single issue aside from a snow plow denting my trunk lid. As others have said these cars are incredibly complex and as with any other brand there will be some cars with issues, but on the whole really not more likely than most other brands out there.

Also curious what dealer are you looking at? I purchased at the Westbury Fiat/Alfa Romeo dealership and the sale went smoothly, though I have no experience with my car in their service center (they use the Jeep service center down the road).

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
If it has breasts, wheels or sails, sooner or later it will give you problems. One of the best cars I've owned. The best being my 1976 280Z, even though the Giulia does everything better. Nostalgia wins out.>:)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I am shopping a 2018 Giulia Ti love the car but worried about the reliability issues that I am reading about. Anyone NOT having issues
Go see Belce Bolvadin at Browns in Patchogue. Tell her Dan sent you. She is great. Browns will also install after market parts on your car if you want. Browns is actually getting an Alfa Service Center in Smithtown soon. If you go, pm me and I will call her.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Lets just say that I wouldn’t want to jinx things by telling you I have had no issues over 12,000 km on my QV (not even a minor one) . Lol.

·
Registered
573 Posts
MY18 3000 miles in less than 2 months. Loving it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 17 AWD Sport has 12,000 Kilometres on it and has been in the shop once for an oil change. They did two software updates at that time.

They washed and vacuumed the car, gave me a Giulia loaner while they were servicing mine too.

Excellent service experience from Alfa Romeo Calgary. Ask for Rahim he is great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2017 Q4 TiSport for a year now with zero issues, just added a 2018 QV with 3200 miles so far and its been perfect. Wife and I loves these cars.

1 - 20 of 432 Posts
About this Discussion
431 Replies
209 Participants
thptrek
Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
We’re the top forum to discuss Alfa Romeo Giulia’s seductive styling, luxury and race level performance.
Full Forum Listing