Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed these vertical marks today. They are on both the driver and passenger side of the car. They didn't come out with a wash and didn't come out when I went at them with a microfiber towel and some cleaner. Anyone have advice on what they are what I can do to get rid of them?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Does it feel smooth to touch or is it some type of cracking that you can feel. If it is smooth and maybe a mineral line IronX by Carpro is very good at cutting though that. It if is cracking in the clear coat I would say that goes back to the dealership for evaluation

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats a scuff mark from the heel of a shoe, Mags ulimate cutting compound will remove the mark, the second picture with the flash under the door / top of the cill looks like the clear coats cracking :surprise:.

Paul

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Does it feel smooth to touch or is it some type of cracking that you can feel. If it is smooth and maybe a mineral line IronX by Carpro is very good at cutting though that. It if is cracking in the clear coat I would say that goes back to the dealership for evaluation
Sorry I was looking at the horizontal white lines. I agree with the scuff treatment described

·
Registered
691 Posts
Definitely shoe marks...I've had the same ones so learning to pick my feet up when exiting the car. Also helps that I have ceramic coating so my marks wipe off pretry easily.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a scuff mark from the heel of a shoe, Mags ulimate cutting compound will remove the mark, the second picture with the flash under the door / top of the cill looks like the clear coats cracking :surprise:.

Paul
That was after rinsing the car yesterday so I think it's dried grit that dripped from the top of the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts