Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of having my QV, I noticed this sensor thing by my VIN on windshield, anyone know what it’s for?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,975 Posts
After years of having my QV, I noticed this sensor thing by my VIN on windshield, anyone know what it’s for? View attachment 113465
Can you take a zoomed out photo? It looks like it's on the lower windshield on the left side driver. I've never noticed that on mine, but then I don't have the ACC on my qv. Maybe it's related to either the ACC/LDW or the IR windshield

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,403 Posts
Windshield wiper rain sensor? Ambient light for headlight on sensor?
ACC/LDW stuff is mounted in front of the interior mirror where there is a decent forward view.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,927 Posts
I see the holes in the windshield frit (in a different location on the Stelvio) but am not sure there's a sensor behind them.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s not reflection from my phone, something is there. It’s under the glass, looks like a chip or something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It is on my MY21 QV.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia
392 Posts
On my 2020 2.0L...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yep. Same on my18. In fact, there is the same hole pattern on the passenger side. It's not a sensor. It's a see-thru pattern. Best guess...maybe used to align the windshield when being installed.
AR Windshield Mystery.jpg

(The guy at Alfa Romeo that (really) knows how the oil gauge updates knows the answer to this too.)

Reactions: MikeS

·
Registered
164 Posts
I believe it’s for wiper alignment also. At stationary position the wipers should be between the lines and over the 3 circles. I think it’s for the automatic wipers so the car knows what position there in and that the wipers are working

·
Registered
109 Posts
I believe it’s for wiper alignment also. At stationary position the wipers should be between the lines and over the 3 circles. I think it’s for the automatic wipers so the car knows what position there in and that the wipers are working

·
Registered
30 Posts
There are four of these devices under my windscreen. Two line up with the end points of the windscreen wipers on my RHD car. The other two would line up with the end points of windscreen wipers on a LHD car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts