Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 1100 miles the Ti finally threw its first error and went into limp mode. It is the electron throttle control error and the cars does not have the latest updates (really wish they wouldn't sell them this way). I purchased the car at McKinney but FCA roadside says it is a shorter distance to Essence. They actually wanted to charge me for any miles over 25 tow but gave in as Essence is 30 and McKinney is 36 and those are my only choices.

Any way I know nothing about Essence and was wondering if any of you have and experience with them and if there is anything I need to lookout for. I am nervous and appreciate the help.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Feeling a little better about this now that I have received a call from Essence. They seem to be on their toes. Loning me a Stelvio and seem to already know what the issues is and what needed to be done. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
jwdm, thanks for the input. I know that Alfa Romeo of Fort Worth has been good for my software upgrade issue, and Chipps seems favorably disposed toward McKinney. In fact, one of their employees posts here regularily. It's good to know that all three DFW area dealers seem to be getting up to speed finally, please keep us updated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So after several hours of waiting for the tow to Essence I finally got there this afternoon. Was a little nervous when I got there because the service entrance is under construction though it does look like it is getting close to being done.

Met with Randy, the service manager, who is a previous Ferrari and Masarati tech. He had already looked into my car and told me there are 9 bulletins on my car. He seems to know his stuff and I am hoping for the best.

The loaned me a Stelvio, which is not as nice as my GLC300 but has better brakes and throttle response than my Giulia. Hope that the updates make my Giulia as good as the Stelvio.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Met with Randy, the service manager, who is a previous Ferrari and Masarati tech. He had already looked into my car and told me there are 9 bulletins on my car. He seems to know his stuff and I am hoping for the best.
That sounds encouraging. For some reason the dealers seem to be very hesitant to reflash these cars, which is a shame because the new revision ends most if not all of these issues. Why Alfa doesn't reflash every car before it leaves the dealer is a mystery to me, but they don't.

Greg

·
Registered
418 Posts
So after 1100 miles the Ti finally threw its first error and went into limp mode. It is the electron throttle control error and the cars does not have the latest updates (really wish they wouldn't sell them this way). I purchased the car at McKinney but FCA roadside says it is a shorter distance to Essence. They actually wanted to charge me for any miles over 25 tow but gave in as Essence is 30 and McKinney is 36 and those are my only choices.

Any way I know nothing about Essence and was wondering if any of you have and experience with them and if there is anything I need to lookout for. I am nervous and appreciate the help.

Thanks
If anything arises in the future just have the tow company or roadside call me. We pay the additional cost to have it brought to us. One of my technicians is 100% of the time performing updates on stock, but with the number of Giulia's/Stelvio's that have come in over the past few weeks it's been difficult to both pre delivery inspect and update current inventory. I apologize for the inconvenience and let me know if the issue isn't resolved quickly. (Hopefully its RRT related or if you left foot braked all they'll have to do is clear codes to resolve).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts