Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Is your qv rhd? The reservoir is on the left in my lhd qv, but your photo shows the right side.

I thought mine has a leak but it turned out that I was just low on fluid since mine had been sitting on the lot 10 months and the dealer never topped it off.

Try spraying fluid and then see if it leaks. If it does then I'd take it in

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is your qv rhd? The reservoir is on the left in my lhd qv, but your photo shows the right side.

I thought mine has a leak but it turned out that I was just low on fluid since mine had been sitting on the lot 10 months and the dealer never topped it off.

Try spraying fluid and then see if it leaks. If it does then I'd take it in
No its LHD, Canadian spec. I never used the washer fluid though, never attempted to squirt as i never drove it in the rain and also affraid that if i activate it, my headlight washers may pop off and be left with a hole in the front bumper!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like engine coolant, not w/s coolant. Bring it to dealer asap
I thought it may be that as well, as when i wiped the floor, it left a stain, whereas if it was washer fluid it would dry off and leave no stains. Perhaps the leak is from the passenger side intercooler? maybe just a loose clamp i hope. Either way i do have a service apt for next friday to get the software updated for the map lights/alarm, and also to look at the front splitter as its uneven yet no codes, and the other night i started to hear a clunking noise from the passenger rear side, ahhhhhh....still love this car though despite all these little things. True test will be how the dealer will deal with all these issues.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing, is there different coolant for the intercooler and engine coolant?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just thinking the same thing, is there different coolant for the intercooler and engine coolant?
I'd like to know this too. I'm not planning to drive it until i go in for service, but the dealer is 90kms away from me and that is the closest as well. I hope it will be fine to drive down for the trip...

·
Registered
898 Posts
No, same coolant.

There was e recall on early models, o-ring which leaked on the turbo....
Think it only applied to the 2.0 l models though

Attachments

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
No, same coolant.

There was e recall on early models, o-ring which leaked on the turbo....
Think it only applied to the 2.0 l models though
The coolant running through the turbochargers is part of the hot (engine) coolant circuit. The coolant running through the liquid to air intercoolers is a separate (cold) coolant circuit.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The coolant running through the turbochargers is part of the hot (engine) coolant circuit. The coolant running through the liquid to air intercoolers is a separate (cold) coolant circuit.
Yes, but It's still the same type of coolant fluid though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had ths same issue as did another UK guy. Its likely the RH side headlight washer pump. The O ring inside has failed and its leaking fluid. If you leave it long enough eventually youll get a message that you are low on washer fluid (after a month or so of it dripping on your grage floor). It was a warranty replacement (there was an updated part and they replaced both - unfortunately the front bumper has to be removed etc). The fluid works its way down to teh lowest point which is just infront of the front wheel....anyway thats my bet

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had ths same issue as did another UK guy. Its likely the RH side headlight washer pump. The O ring inside has failed and its leaking fluid. If you leave it long enough eventually youll get a message that you are low on washer fluid (after a month or so of it dripping on your grage floor). It was a warranty replacement (there was an updated part and they replaced both - unfortunately the front bumper has to be removed etc). The fluid works its way down to teh lowest point which is just infront of the front wheel....anyway thats my bet
I'm hoping its the same type of issue, although now that others have mentioned it could be a coolant leak, it makes a bit more sense to me based on how it leaves a stain. Next time i see a puddle on the floor i'll stick my nose in it to see if it does smell like coolant, i should of done that first before i wiped it clean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
Buba1
Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
We’re the top forum to discuss Alfa Romeo Giulia’s seductive styling, luxury and race level performance.
Full Forum Listing