Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here going to the F1 race in Austin this year?
My wife and I will be attending with the AROC tour group.
While in TX, I would like to visit Madness Autoworks in nearby Spicewood.
https://madnessautoworks.com/
The AROC tour itinerary is very busy and the only available time that I have would be Monday morning.
Perhaps someone with transportation would like to join me. I would certainly pay for expenses, food and drinks to share the ride. Send PM if interested.
Thanks,

·
Vendor
823 Posts
Is anyone here going to the F1 race in Austin this year?
My wife and I will be attending with the AROC tour group.
While in TX, I would like to visit Madness Autoworks in nearby Spicewood.
https://madnessautoworks.com/
The AROC tour itinerary is very busy and the only available time that I have would be Monday morning.
Perhaps someone with transportation would like to join me. I would certainly pay for expenses, food and drinks to share the ride. Send PM if interested.
Thanks,

We'd be happy to show you around the shop. Stop by anytime!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can I find more info on the AROC tour, or any other perks available through AROC for the Austin F1 weekend? Not a member yet, but happy to join.

Thx, S
SL,
Here is a link to the National Club.
http://www.aroc-usa.org/
The F1 info is on the right side of the home page.
What I called a TOUR is the complete "AROC GOES TO THE US GRAND PRIX" event. Hotel, race tickets, cocktail party, dinner, meet and greet the team, etc. Unfortunately the Tour Group that set-up this event for the Club did not include transportation to Madness. Madness! Are you available the Monday morning after the race? :laugh:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
44 Posts
SL,
What I called a TOUR is the complete "AROC GOES TO THE US GRAND PRIX" event. Hotel, race tickets, cocktail party, dinner, meet and greet the team, etc. Unfortunately the Tour Group that set-up this event for the Club did not include transportation to Madness. Madness! Are you available the Monday morning after the race? :laugh:
Thx for the response. I am firmly planted at wörk that Monday. Also had a, let's say, rather unfavorable experience with 500Madness, and will not do business with them again. Very happy customer of eurocompulsion, for both my Italians.

Enjoy Austin, and the F1 circus!

Thx, S

·
Vendor
823 Posts
SL,

We will be here.

·
Registered
241 Posts
We will be there all three days. Can't wait. First F1 event. Have the Sauber jersey en route and will wear it proud.

If you have a chance to get to Madness you should they are pretty cool guys and showed my son an I around when we drove down from Dallas to have some work done on the car.

anybody know if there are events in Austin that weekend. I have a list of stuff at the track but i seem to have remembered seeing something about a fan event downtown.

F1 does a horrible job with marketing in my opinion. You have to hunt for every little piece of info for this event. Even our tickets which were just delivered didn't have much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
anybody know if there are events in Austin that weekend. I have a list of stuff at the track but i seem to have remembered seeing something about a fan event downtown.
In the first couple of years of F1 in Austin there was a fan fest downtown Austin during F1 weekend. Quite impressive, actually, entire city blocks were blocked to traffic and committed to F1 fan fest. Due to declining attendance it shrunk in size, as of last year (or maybe the year before?) all F1 related activities moved to the track. Plenty of F1 visitors around downtown, and bars showing F1, but the public viewing and many activities, exhibits, etc are no more (downtown).

HTH, S.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll be there all 3 days in T15! This will be my 4th year going. I look forward to it all year! Can't wait to get myself an Sauber/Alfa Romeo shirt.

·
Registered
241 Posts
COTA does a pretty poor job of info. I had to hunt to find what events were taking place at the track and while i found info there were not times for these events. It would appear there is a heritage race going on as well as formula 4? that weekend, again no times were listed on COTA's website.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
another question.

It looks like Alfa Romeo will have a display and cars set up around the grand stand area during the race. I was reading on the COTA website that Alfa Owners will have access to a special VIP lounge with complimentary snacks and beverages. If we show up how will they know if i truly own an Alfa Romeo to let me in to the VIP area?

any thoughts?

this is shaping up to be a great weekend.

·
Registered
670 Posts
No point in going to Austin to witness Hamilton win yet another race and the championship. It's hard enough to watch it on tv :frown2:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BUMP.
Anyone? Anyone able to drive me to and from Madness Autoworks on Monday the 22nd? See post #1 of this thread. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
another question.

It looks like Alfa Romeo will have a display and cars set up around the grand stand area during the race. I was reading on the COTA website that Alfa Owners will have access to a special VIP lounge with complimentary snacks and beverages. If we show up how will they know if i truly own an Alfa Romeo to let me in to the VIP area?

any thoughts?

this is shaping up to be a great weekend.
Yeah, the mention on the website does not offer that kind of detail:

Code:
Alfa Romeo
Stop by to meet the Alfa Romeo family, including Giulia, the 2018 MotorTrend Car of the Year, and the C37, Alfa Romeo's Sauber F1 Team Race Car. Alfa Romeo owners get exclusive access to a VIP lounge with complimentary snacks and beverages!
I'll call my local AR dealer (that I bought from), maybe they have more details. Else I'll just take the Giulia keys as proof ;)

Thx, S

·
Registered
241 Posts
We are driving my kiddo's car to the race instead of the Alfa so i won't have my keys. I submitted a PM to the alfaromeocares people to see what they may have to say. Hopefully we can gain insight to this. I think it's cool that they set that up for Alfa owners.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts