Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody go from the car to the suv or own both?

How do you like the suv?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I finally saw a Stelvio on the road... the proportions are weird and not as well executed. Granted, this is all subjective, but the Stelvio is almost ugly, compared to the Giulia.
Maybe it's because the Stelvio has the sleek Giulia designed stretched across it's bloated face.

It's like if Kate Beckinsale gained 100lbs just in her face.

but, can't argue with the added luggage capacity and convenience.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I had a Stelvio loaner for 2 days when my Giulia was getting some routine service and updates. I was surprised at how much power and acceleration it had with the same engine and a much heavier vehicle. As with my Giulia, I loved how it drove.
On the inside, however, that graceful Italian curve and design is completely lost. The dash board lines are straight and awkward.

Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
765 Posts
I find most SUVs ugly but I saw a Stelvio QV at the dealership and thought it was one of the best looking SUVs I have seen, especially when one compares it to other SUVs like the Maserati and Bentley. The Jaguar F Pace might be the only other decent one.

·
Registered
537 Posts
^Agreed, the Stelvio is a great looking ride, not sure about the whole “stretched Giulia” styling deal, but to each his own.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
the people on the stelvio forum seem quite pleased with them, and they come from a wide variety of vehicles, including carious other Alfas.
you might read there - but keep in mind they must all be blind.

·
Registered
316 Posts
When shopping I want back and forth between which to buy, and that says something because I hate SUVs. Even during back to back test drives, which would highlight differences the most, the Stelvio was a pleasure to drive. Same lightness, responsiveness, power and almost no lean in curves. As for looks, they are very pretty cars while the Giulia is beautiful. But then the Stelvios are lot more useful in daily life if you ever need to carry anything more than groceries. It was a close call - I was almost a Stelvio owner.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Great Addition. Not a Replacement.

I have both. 2017 Giulia and 2018 Stelvio.

The Stelvio is a great car and totally beats out any of its competitors in terms of power, quality, styling, and overall value, but I could never have it completely replace my Giulia.
Doubt you have the same relationship with your Giulia as I do, but to make it simple, my she is my one and only love.

Went to Palm Springs twice this past week (about 120 miles from where I live), took the Giulia on the first trip and the Stelvio on the second (both of their first times outside of the city actually). The Giulia did very well overall, but I could tell she just wanted to go back to surface streets where she could really show off her acceleration and handling. The Stelvio, on the other hand, felt perfectly at home on the freeway. I have the biggest and fattest wheels available for it (20 inches), and the road noise wasn't bad at all. It remained super composed and relaxing to drive all throughout the trip.

Final Verdict: If you need a city car for fun short trips, get a Giulia. If you need a larger car for relaxing long journeys, get a Stelvio.
If you want to enjoy life to the fullest, get one of each.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
90 below, I'm about as tired of stupid articles saying Alfas are unreliable as anyone, it's like bloated opinions on how stelvios look - without basis except an opinion based on "prejudice" or something

·
Registered
527 Posts
'I finally saw a stelvio"

oh my gawd, I'm cancelling my order, I had no idea how dreadful they are.

thank you for your thoughtful insight on this vehicle.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bec1BVnBuj8/?taken-by=alfanclub

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhREw2NngiR/?tagged=stelvioquadrifoglio
Didn't realize you were such a sensitive person -- didn't mean to enrage you with my opinion of the vehicle.

[WARNING, YOU MIGHT THROW A CUP BECAUSE YOU HAVE TEMPER ISSUES ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS, DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF CONTROLLING YOUR EMOTIONS!]

Thanks for the photos to back up my view, the Stelvio is an ugly car next to the vehicle it's trying to mimic ;)

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,383 Posts
'I finally saw a stelvio"

oh my gawd, I'm cancelling my order, I had no idea how dreadful they are.

thank you for your thoughtful insight on this vehicle.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bec1BVnBuj8/?taken-by=alfanclub

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhREw2NngiR/?tagged=stelvioquadrifoglio
Didn't realize you were such a sensitive person -- didn't mean to enrage you with my opinion of the vehicle.

[WARNING, YOU MIGHT THROW A CUP BECAUSE YOU HAVE TEMPER ISSUES ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS, DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF CONTROLLING YOUR EMOTIONS!]

Thanks for the photos to back up my view, the Stelvio is an ugly car next to the vehicle it's trying to mimic ;)
Is it possible I misread lost1750GTV's reply as humor? :confused:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had the Stelvio for a week as a loaner, and as mentioned above, I have only good things to say. It is an SUV, and in that category, it stands out as much as the Giulia stands out as a Sport Sedan (or ANY sedan).
It drives like it weighs half as much as it actually does, and turns on a dime like the Giulia.

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
is it possible Driven misread the original poster's question?

all in caps that I might have a temper issues, or am sensitive, now that is humor.
not throwing a cup, choking on it as both of Drivens tirades have been good for a laugh - and we all need more.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had a Stelvio loaner for 2 days when my Giulia was getting some routine service and updates. I was surprised at how much power and acceleration it had with the same engine and a much heavier vehicle. As with my Giulia, I loved how it drove.
On the inside, however, that graceful Italian curve and design is completely lost. The dash board lines are straight and awkward.
I've been in a Stelvio loaner for almost 2 weeks now. @ChiGuy hit it right on the head. Good power, great steering, but the interior design is VERY lacking compared to the Giulia.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Is it possible I misread lost1750GTV's reply as humor? :confused:
You did... you also missed his other comments in other threads where he loses his nerve over people not liking the Stelvio (and SUVs in general).
In this thread, he made four comments all in direct response to me and others calling the Stelvio ugly before I even followed up (and one after).

I get the impression the poor guy seems insecure in his purchase.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
not in the least
I think you are just upset that my stelvio will be way faster than your giulia, and has race mode, perhaps that makes you insecure, so much so that when a guy asks a reasonable question, he gets a useless response.
if he wasn't OK with how it looks he probably wouldn't have asked.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We have a Stelvio and a Giulia.

I prefer the looks of the Giulia. The Stelvio is a great SUV. Handles like a sports car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts