Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, thinking of joining the Giulia band wagon. Anyone familiar with the 2017 loaners at Mike Ward in Denver?

I’m looking at a used 2017 Montecarlo blue TI Light Wood Lusso w/beige there and I’m wondering if it is the loaner? They said it’s not...and Im not sure if it matters or not in negotiations, but thinking folks might drive loaners a bit harder?

Thoughts on price point for used ~4,500 miles original MSRP of $49,000? It’s listed just under $40,000. I was thinking $34,000 to $35,000 based on some other’s for sale nationally.

Thanks for any insight or advice!

·
Registered
111 Posts
New here, thinking of joining the Giulia band wagon. Anyone familiar with the 2017 loaners at Mike Ward in Denver?

I’m looking at a used 2017 Montecarlo blue TI Light Wood Lusso w/beige there and I’m wondering if it is the loaner? They said it’s not...and Im not sure if it matters or not in negotiations, but thinking folks might drive loaners a bit harder?

Thoughts on price point for used ~4,500 miles original MSRP of $49,000? It’s listed just under $40,000. I was thinking $34,000 to $35,000 based on some other’s for sale nationally.

Thanks for any insight or advice!
Hi Clark,

Sorry, don't know if that particular car was a loaner. I'd imagine that they should be able to show carfax/registration though that would indicate a private owner vs a dealer car.

Just picked mine up this week from MW. 20 % isn't bad, seems like MW and automation are around 10% off on new cars. How much time remaining on the warranty? Who are you working with in sales?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Psych, I haven’t looked at a CarFax report in so long I wasn’t sure how much detail they have on prior owner but that’s a great point, i’ll look closely. I’m working with Tom Von Bank who is a Maclaren brand manager.

We’ll see how far I can push it on the price, I figure this is the 2nd time they are selling this car in a year...no reason they should make a lot off of me right ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks Psych, I haven’t looked at a CarFax report in so long I wasn’t sure how much detail they have on prior owner but that’s a great point, i’ll look closely. I’m working with Tom Von Bank who is a Maclaren brand manager.

We’ll see how far I can push it on the price, I figure this is the 2nd time they are selling this car in a year...no reason they should make a lot off of me right ?
Haha, I hope you're right ? I didn't work with Tom but found the sales staff very helpful and easy to work with.

Let me know how it goes!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Haha, I hope you're right ? I didn't work with Tom but found the sales staff very helpful and easy to work with.

Let me know how it goes!
Haha, he called me in today, waited an hour and then he found out it was sold. Classic. Waiting for an offer on an 18 now and will show comps for alfaohio, but it will probably be out of my price range. May wait til fall/winter for 18s to get discounted more.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Haha, he called me in today, waited an hour and then he found out it was sold. Classic. Waiting for an offer on an 18 now and will show comps for alfaohio, but it will probably be out of my price range. May wait til fall/winter for 18s to get discounted more.
LOL! Dam*. End of the month today, maybe they'll get some motivation for the sale!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I showed them the 7k discount from Ohio (which as far as I could tell was including the 1750 incentive) and they got close to it on a new 2018. They claim there was a big end of month push on the last day so they seemed motivated, but by the end of the deal they said they had actually just met their goal, so were not willing to budge anymore. Who knows, sounds like a great sales tactic ?. But I’m the end they took $6854 off of MSRP of $45035 AWD, white, sunroof, nav. Not loaded by any means, but it got me under 40k even after they added back in ~600 in scratch protection accessories the pre install on every car and 600 in doc/dealer fees. So before taxes I was at 39436. Which is 12.5% off. So I think I did alright.

While we were negotiating I saw the new owner getting into the used 2017 that I had come into the dealer to buy, and it honestly just seemed like it was the right fit for him. Lusso/wood trim is just a little too much of “my fathers” car.

I will say they were pretty straightforward at Mike Ward. There wasn’t a bunch of back and forth. They made a reasonable attempt to meet the comp from out of state and didn’t drag it out.

The battery in my 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero died during the time I was there so Tom even got the jump box to get my old car back to life so I could get it home too. I took it as a sign that the new car was meant to be, you can’t make this stuff up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I showed them the 7k discount from Ohio (which as far as I could tell was including the 1750 incentive) and they got close to it on a new 2018. They claim there was a big end of month push on the last day so they seemed motivated, but by the end of the deal they said they had actually just met their goal, so were not willing to budge anymore. Who knows, sounds like a great sales tactic ?. But I’m the end they took $6854 off of MSRP of $45035 AWD, white, sunroof, nav. Not loaded by any means, but it got me under 40k even after they added back in ~600 in scratch protection accessories the pre install on every car and 600 in doc/dealer fees. So before taxes I was at 39436. Which is 12.5% off. So I think I did alright.

While we were negotiating I saw the new owner getting into the used 2017 that I had come into the dealer to buy, and it honestly just seemed like it was the right fit for him. Lusso/wood trim is just a little too much of “my fathers” car.

I will say they were pretty straightforward at Mike Ward. There wasn’t a bunch of back and forth. They made a reasonable attempt to meet the comp from out of state and didn’t drag it out.

The battery in my 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero died during the time I was there so Tom even got the jump box to get my old car back to life so I could get it home too. I took it as a sign that the new car was meant to be, you can’t make this stuff up.
You did better than I did!
Nicely done and congrats! When do you get the car?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You did better than I did!
Nicely done and congrats! When do you get the car?
It was on the lot so “we” drove it home last night ? I drove the old car home and my wife drove the Giulia because she was very cool about agreeing to buy the car I really wanted over a boring cookie cutter car that everyone has. I’m about to take the “long way” to the bagel store for my first drive other than the short test drive.

Very excited about the car. I may be looking into a wheel swap some day though because I really wanted the dark 5 whole 18 inch wheels that come with the exterior sport package....

Reactions: Psychodo

·
Registered
111 Posts
It was on the lot so “we” drove it home last night ? I drove the old car home and my wife drove the Giulia because she was very cool about agreeing to buy the car I really wanted over a boring cookie cutter car that everyone has. I’m about to take the “long way” to the bagel store for my first drive other than the short test drive.

Very excited about the car. I may be looking into a wheel swap some day though because I really wanted the dark 5 whole 18 inch wheels that come with the exterior sport package....
Haha happy wife, happy life! Congrats and post pics when you can, would love to see it. PM if you ever want to meet up for coffee or a beer

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts