Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My most recent insurance bill was 7.5% higher and had the following reasons listed:

The claim experience on your make and model of vehicle has resulted in an increase to your vehicle rating group for comprehensive coverage.

The claim experience on your make and model of vehicle has resulted in an increase to your vehicle rating group for collision coverage.

The claim experience on your make and model of vehicle has resulted in an increase to your vehicle rating group for bodily injury and/or property damage coverages.

What do you think? Too many bad or risk-taking giulia drivers or just a higher than expected cost of repairing these has caught up with it?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 White/Black, Performance Pkg., Leather Pkg., 35W Xenon, Static Assist, Sunroof, Navigation
193 Posts
I have State Farm, and a few months ago, I was hit with an increase. I was told, because the availability of parts in the event of a collision, plus the high cost of those parts, coupled with the percentage of claims per 100, which was higher than average for this category of automobile, lead to that increase. If I recall correctly, the rating went up from a 23 to a 25, or something similar.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Mine went up about a year ago. My 2.0 Giulia it's nice expensive than my SQV! go figure...

·
Registered
699 Posts
There was an article recently that listed the Giulia as the most ticked vehicle (obviously based on percentage of Giulia owners, not overall) but that probably doesn’t help.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,405 Posts
Can you call in and inquire?

Which insurer?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia
685 Posts
State Farm here. My premium went down by about 2.5% a couple months ago. Nevada. Still nowhere near as cheap as what I was paying in WA, but I’ll take any decrease.

It’s absolute bullshit if your premium goes up because of other drivers actions. If cost to repair goes up, I understand…. But if I’m getting dinged for other drivers… Nah… I’ll go pay more at Allstate or Gieco just to make the point that, that is bullshit.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Seems some have seen it and others not, so maybe company and location dependent. I'm with state farm, so Richo's reason he was told seems to line up.

·
Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
621 Posts
my premium were following:

2018 Ti-Sport Q4:
  • 2018 - 100% baseline
  • 2019 - decrease by 8%
  • 2020 - decrease by 3%, -11.5% from baseline
2020 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4:
  • 2020 - decrease by 6% from 2018 model. -17% from baseline
  • 2021 - decrease by 5%, -21% from baseline
coverage stayed same

picture of current coverage & cost breakdown. Massachusetts with Commerce/Mapfre/AAA
also get bump in rental coverage due to AAA member so instead of $30/day, it's $45/day

Font Parallel Pattern Number Rectangle

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
Reactions: brentkhack

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Seems some have seen it and others not, so maybe company and location dependent. I'm with state farm, so Richo's reason he was told seems to line up.
I have car and motorcycle policies, and both went down ....Im with Geico in NJ .

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
my premium were following:

2018 Ti-Sport Q4:
  • 2018 - 100% baseline
  • 2019 - decrease by 8%
  • 2020 - decrease by 3%, -11.5% from baseline
2020 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4:
  • 2020 - decrease by 6% from 2018 model. -17% from baseline
  • 2021 - decrease by 5%, -21% from baseline
coverage stayed same

picture of current coverage & cost breakdown. Massachusetts with Commerce/Mapfre/AAA
also get bump in rental coverage due to AAA member so instead of $30/day, it's $45/day

View attachment 117422
Good grief. If that’s a 6 month quote it’s more than I paid for 5 cars/drivers with one of them being a QV

·
Registered
621 Posts
Good grief. If that’s a 6 month quote it’s more than I paid for 5 cars/drivers with one of them being a QV
it's for full year coverage.
and yea premium in MA isn't cheap but nowhere near expensive as MI

• Sad
Reactions: beaups

·
Registered
621 Posts
Mine went down. I don't have collision though
WHAT?!?!?!?!
that's some serious balls you got.
what do u plan to do in case of accident regardless of who's fault?
i'm assuming u don't have lien on the car?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts