Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a less expensive alternative to the factory illuminated door sill accessory and ran across this company in Italy. Has anybody tried their door sills? Two different styles, one with GIULIA logo and brushed natural stainless steel and the other with the Alfa logo and blackened stainless. Also one non-illuminated in stainless. They don't look bad and the price is much less than factory...so is anybody willing and able to review them?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,235 Posts
I was looking for a less expensive alternative to the factory illuminated door sill accessory and ran across this company in Italy. Has anybody tried their door sills? Two different styles, one with GIULIA logo and brushed natural stainless steel and the other with the Alfa logo and blackened stainless. Also one non-illuminated in stainless. They don't look bad and the price is much less than factory...so is anybody willing and able to review them?

Nope, but I see a caveat: bare oxidized stainless steel can get stupid hot in the sun. It is the preferred material for solar heat collection (water heaters and such).

Of course these sills mostly "live" in the shade, so maybe not a problem.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
12 Posts

They look good to me. I bought the factory ones and cut them open to make the light red. Had these been around a couple of years ago, I would've gone for these instead. If you end up going for it, lemme know how they are.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,755 Posts
They look good to me. I bought the factory ones and cut them open to make the light red. Had these been around a couple of years ago, I would've gone for these instead. If you end up going for it, lemme know how they are.
Do you have a photo of what that looks like in red?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,755 Posts
Reactions: Ajbru00

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Lusso * Squadra Tune * GFB-DV+ * Custom Exhaust * Madness GoPedal * Race Mode enabled
84 Posts
I am installing the Alfa CF door sills and cannot locate the plug after removing the original door sill. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,235 Posts
I am installing the Alfa CF door sills and cannot locate the plug after removing the original door sill. Any ideas?
They are under the carpet. Fish around with your fingers until you find it. On my car the left side connector was easy to locate while the right side connector angled forward rather than back and I have to remove some trim to get enough of the carpet lifted up to locate it. It was near the the forward and upward bend in the floor.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Lusso * Squadra Tune * GFB-DV+ * Custom Exhaust * Madness GoPedal * Race Mode enabled
84 Posts
They are under the carpet. Fish around with your fingers until you find it. On my car the left side connector was easy to locate while the right side connector angled forward rather than back and I have to remove some trim to get enough of the carpet lifted up to locate it. It was near the the forward and upward bend in the floor.
Thank you Lockem. I’ll took your advise and I located the driver side wire tucked under the carpet. Strangely, the passenger side was already exposed. I appreciate the help and they look nice.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce 2.0TB
12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
12 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce 2.0TB
12 Posts
Wow did you cut that open with a dremel?
That is taking a big risk....you definitely wanted them red then 😁

1 - 15 of 15 Posts